Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Boot Blanket's

Buckhunter

Have any of you guy's ever used boot blanket's while stand hunting in cold weather.My feet are the first thing to get cold and I was wondering if these thing's would work,they fit over the top of your regular boot's.

they work for me. havn't had a chance to test 'em out in super cold weather yet though.

Work great little bulky watch out in a tree stand their slick on the bottoms!
26404-archer[1].gif

unless you plan on hunting up in the extreeme cold, I would take extra measures with something more comfortable quiet and safe than the boot blankets. Lacrosse burly 1200s about 1 size too big with a good pair of socks should suffice. Make it where the toes will still wiggle freely and take an extra pair of socks if needed and change out if your feet sweat.

Up here they sell toe warmers that you can slip up into the toes of your pac boots. Those little babies do work for about 2-3 hours
grin.gif

They definately help alot, I'd say they make about a 20-30 degree difference. They are a pain in the butt to carry around though. I'm trying out the Artic Shield version now and they are much more compact, but I doubt they could be as warm and are harder to get on (not as slick inside). I hate putting toe warmers in my boots, feels all cramped and wadded up, so I put them on top of my boot toe and inside the boot blankets and you can still feel the heat come through the boot (that probably says something about the insulation of my old boots).

I also just got a new pair of pac boots, hoping to eliminate the need for either one. I already carry a rediculous amount of junk into the woods!

Like Timberpig I use the Artic Shield boot covers and if it's really cold I stick a hand warmer inside for extra heat. It makes all the difference in the world. Another thing I like about wearing them is if I have mud stuck in the tread of my boots, the boot cover prevents it from falling off later. Nothing ticks me off more than having dirt clods falling off my boots and hitting the ground below me and it always happens at the worst possible time.

I too have used the Artic Shield covers this year and am very please with them. When I am very cold buck fever has at different times been amplified causing my back to cramp. Then recovering is that much harder. I had these things on this year when I took my gun buck and I was very comfortable. I think they are an absolute thumbs up.
waytogo.gif

Shredder,

I also bought the Lacrosse 1200 gram rubber boots a year ago and I cannot say enough about them. They look like Frankenstein boots and sort of remind me of the military mickey boots. I usually bow hunt by myself (cannot compare), but when I shotgun hunt usually its with other buddies. They always complain about their feet getting cold, but not me. This year one of them had his wife buy him some for Christmas.

Deer_Chaser
waytogo.gif

Thank's for the info guy's.I got a pair yesterday for x-mas and plan on trying them out first chance I get.They are pretty light and seem like they will fit in my pack easily without taking up to much room.I'll let ya'll know how they work for me when I get a couple of hunt's on them.
Also if you buy the alfa-burly's from lacrosse,They are not very insulated and I even bought the sport's and my feet still get froze even in moderate weather that's why I'm trying out the cover's.

Top Bottom