Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Boss Buck Decoy

Lwadzie

Lwadzie
Anyone that owns one ever have problems with there Flambeau Boss Buck decoy? My dad bought one a few years back and we have problems gettin the caps on to hold the legs. In particular the left front leg never seems to go on right and takes alot of pushing and turning to get the cap on. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

That expensive of a decoy shouldnt be that tough to put up IMO. Thanks for the input guys!

I have a flocked boss buck decoy and it is a little touchy putting the legs on so I actually leave them on

I have one and it has to be the worst design ever. They should of made it in a lock in slot style for the legs. I lost a leg cap and with calls and emails to Flambeau for a replacement and no response I went to the hardware store and bought a pvc cap. The threads don't match well and the leg is even worse. The whole design just stinks.

Same type of experience here.
Would tip over very easily and the legs would fall off even when the caps were screwed onto them.
I made two modifications that helped greatly.
First, I simply drove tent spikes down through all four hooves to make the decoy more stable.
Second, I drilled a hole in the center of each cap and installed an eye-bolt on each.
Then, after installing the legs and screwing on the caps, I connect the eye bolts (front to front, rear to rear) with a bungee cord to keep the legs from falling off.
Works pretty well considering what I started with.

They updated the leg system to have better threads. I myself went with the Hardcore Ole jack Decoy. They usually make duck decoys but came out with a buck decoy. Weighs 11 pounds! They just came onto the market. Dicks and gandermountain carries them.

The threads on the caps deffinetly suck! We gave up on it and he recently bought the Scar Face decoy. Much easier to set up and not as big and bulky and not such a pain in the a$$!

Any other good decoy options. I have a Carry Lite that i'm not impressed with. Biggest gripe i have is it is SOOOOO LOUD. Carrying it assembled is horrible for any distance and assembling it on a quite morning is like setting off fire crackers before my hunt.
Any suggestions?

Top Bottom