Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow Bipod

P

PAHunter

Have any of you tried a bow bipod for hunting turkeys from a blind?I made my own version of one last year which really worked well.I like the idea of not having to tote a long ground stake bowholder with me,whereas the bipod was more convenient for me.

Not me, I'm still using the stake version of a bow holder. Works good except if it's super sandy soil or frozen ground. Where'd you find the bipod?

Muddy,it's in the 2005 Cabela's Spring Turkey catalog on pg6.This one actually mounts under your stabalizer,but the one I made mounts on the back.Just didn't care to take the stabalizer off and on to mount it,which would be no big deal.But with the Mathews having the rear threaded insert I decided to mount it there.The one I made is pretty simple to make,I'll try to post a pic of it on the bow sometime,to give you an idea what it looks like.

Here's a couple pics of it.Used two damaged carbon arrows for the legs.Cut them to length removing the damaged areas.The legs can also be unscrewed and placed in quiver for transporting,without removing the bracket.

3766bowpod_008.JPG

3766bowpod_009.JPG

That is really cool, what did you make the bracket out of? The arrow idea is great for the legs. Did you mount field tips or something in the bracket to screw the arrows into?

The bracket is made from aluminum,and yes there's field tips in the bracket.Sanded the field tips flat and drilled the bracket alittle undersize and pressed the tips in.This way the legs screw tightly against the field tip so they don't vibrate when shooting.The tricky part is getting the correct angle for the legs to create a tripod effect with the cam.You don't want the legs sticking too far foward or too far left and right of the bow or it will be too cumbersome.Looking to make adjustable legs just can't find anything light and small in diameter,that wont vibrate when adjusting.Skully if you have any more questions feel free to PM me,I'd gladly help you.

Thanks PA, I have a buddy that works in a machine shop. Looks like a good government job for him to try. I'll let you know if I need any more help. Thanks. Skully

Didn't realize one existed like that teeroy,although I had considered that,I think they took my idea.
grin.gif
That would definitely be the way to go,did you notice if the legs were adjustable,as to lengthen or shorten them?

Skully,G-Jobs,I never heard of such a thing.
grin.gif

Hey is there any possibility that you could make one of those or give me more info on how you made it? Great idea! Thank you.

IArunner,I wish it was my idea,just my version.Got the idea from the one in the Cabelas Spring Turkey catalog.The one I made is pretty crude and very simple to make.Although you may want to make a different version like we previously desribed? If your just wanting to make one similar,I gave the basics to it in a prior reply also.If you should need any more info,give me a pm.

Top Bottom