Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow Hunting gloves for cold weather

Just curious to see what kind of gloves most of you use when its cold? I mean 10-30 degrees and can still feel your trigger on your release?

When I was using a strap style release, I bought archery glomitts. They have a hole that allows for your release to remain in its normal position.

I still wear relatively thin gloves, but I use a hand muff to keep my hands warm. After buying one, I couldnt imagine hunting without it when its cold! If its real cold, you can put a couple hand warmers in there too..

I use sitka traverse gloves I believe is the model number. Awesome gloves. I don't usually break out the hand muff until it is below 20 degrees. If you buy a hand muff, make sure it is windproof.

cornfedkiller said:
I still wear relatively thin gloves, but I use a hand muff to keep my hands warm. After buying one, I couldnt imagine hunting without it when its cold! If its real cold, you can put a couple hand warmers in there too..

X2. This is definitely the way to go. I usually wear a heavier pair of gloves on the way in and then put on my thin gloves when on stand.

I can't shoot with anything on my release hand, it stays in my pocket till crunch time. Bow hand I have a very thin pair on regardless of temps.

I can't shoot with anything on my release hand, it stays in my pocket till crunch time. Bow hand I have a very thin pair on regardless of temps.

Bingo! I wear a light leather mechanics glove on my bow hand.

I tend to go with the thin gloves and muff combo as well. Hand warmers when it is real cold... When you take your hands out of that warm cozy muff, be prepared for your hands to get cold quick!

I use and arctic shield hand muff, I also don't like a glove on my release hand, these things are the best thing ever invented

I've been thinking about getting something to keep my hands warm then just use a thin glove like normal. Thanks for the replies.

Last year I used a pair of Kinco gloves from Bomgaars. They are the thicker brown woven gloves with the grippers. Cost under 10 bucks and kept my hands warm through December! I'm sure the Sitkas are nice, but a broke college kid like me can't afford them. JMO

I have used the brown jersey gloves with a muff for years. I did buy some closeouts at Walmart that are like the underarmour gloves that I will try this year. As long as you cover up the white hand moving and you are still consistent with your anchor point go with something thin and keep a muff or hand warmers handy.

haven't been back bow hunting long, but i've been wearing the thin under armor gloves and jacket pocket has been warm enough for now.....the muff is a great idea though, think I see one in my future.

Top Bottom