Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bow maintenance after rainy sits

buckfever57

bowhunt or die
Was wondering wht you guys do to ur bows before u go out if its gonna rain and after u come in. Or is there anything needed to be done to it. I waxed up the strings good before I came out. Wondering wht to do when I get in. Do the cams need oiled or idler wheels? ( I have a Hoyt spyder 30 if that matters).

When I got my first bow set up, the fella that did it told me that if I hunt in the rain I should leave it out of the case and let it dry with a fan on it.

I like to put a dab of wax on most of the bolt heads on your bow beforehand also to keep them from rusting. I also agree with letting it air dry with a fan or hang it up in a warm spot after running a towel over it.

I like to keep it in the truck so it's ready for the next hunt.

Yep, I've been shooting the same bow since 2011. Longest I've ever shot the same hunting bow and its been rained on a bunch. Keep all the bolts waxed and the string in good order and go hunting. I've never done anything special after it has gotten wet.

:D For what they cost they should dry themselves!! My bow is a 2006 model! Has had rain, snow, mud, probably some snot, and on occasion a little blood on it!!:way: If it gets overly moist, I'll take a paper towel to it!!

:D For what they cost they should dry themselves!! My bow is a 2006 model! Has had rain, snow, mud, probably some snot, and on occasion a little blood on it!!:way: If it gets overly moist, I'll take a paper towel to it!!

I like the way you think :way: Been bowhunting for 30+ years, and by my count, I'm on my 5th bow.

But as for rain, when I come in with a gun that's been in the rain or snow I like to use a little G96 on the metal and/or moving parts. With a bow, not so much because I don't want the odor. Towel dry, hang in open air and a few dabs of oil on the bolt heads. Good luck :way:

NWBuck

I use my air compressor and blow the water out of the small area that are tough to reach with a towel. Other than that, keep the string waxed and you should be good.

Top Bottom