Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow press

Buckhunter

Have any of you guy's ever built a homemade press?I've been thinking about trying to build one and was wondering if anyone has any plan's on how to do it and what I would need for material's ect,ect.
They do not look like they would be that hard to build if you had a welder and a little bit of time.

you will all cringe, but you got to do what you got to do sometimes , i've pulled my bow back had a buddy insert a screwdriver in the cam and when it comes around it catches the limb and there is no tension, cheap (probably unsafe) bow press
grin.gif

A good press is a must have item for any serious bow shooter. The ones shown should all do the trick... but... (no offense here all), the lift mechanism could be improved for safety reasons. I would be glad to post some pics, but I'm not certain how to do so. I'll try, so accept my apology in advance if I post dead end HTML here. Some "how to post" a pic help from those who know is appreciated.
crazy.gif

Woops... need to clarify... the cable lift mechanism is the one I speak of improving. Not the Apple style.
blush.gif

Lots of adjustment here... no cable required. The black electric cord seen draped over the press is attached to a clamp stlye light for improved visibility in my basement. The little dog in the 2nd picture is not included.
grin.gif

BowPress1.jpg

BowPress2.jpg

Top Bottom