Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow question

tyler883

I shoot a mathews z7 with a toxonics sight and a whisker bisquit rest. In July I started shooting my bow in preperation for a bear hunt to Idaho. Everything shot great just like it did in the spring when I put it away. I had it all paper tuned in last fall and it all shot great then as well. Well in later august it started dropping of about 8 inches low at 30 yards and 4 inches at 20. So I made some sight adjustments and sept 1 headed to Idaho to chase bears. When I got there it shot just fine no problem. Get home and have not shot much due to work schedule and wanted to shoot before I hunted yesterday. So I take it out and it was 10 inches low at 30 yards and 6 inches low at 20. So I guess my question is what the heck is going on? I can no longer adjust my sights anymore as they are maxed out. Is this a tuning issue or are my sights in some way sprung? The sights are at least 7 years old if not older. I must note everything is tight on the rest and the sights have a very little wiggle to them with all the screws tight as I can get them. Looking for some thoughts as to what might be going on. Yes I know a whisker bisquit is no the most accurate rest but have always shot very good groups prior to the last few months with it. Is it a cam timing issue? Let me know your thoughts.

Ther is a round hole in the bottom cam the cable should be in the center of the hole if it is out of time the cable will not be centered in the hole

Both the guys have pointed to possibilities. If the string is running through the middle of the correct hole on the cam something is moving or has moved. These would most likely be the sight, Peep sight, rest, D loop or the nock serving under it. I suppose the condition of your biscuit could have something do do with it but if the misses are consistent I would say something moved.
There is the slight possibility you could have a cam problem but it is unlikely. Form and anchor point are other possibilities but I would be looking at the peep sight first.

I'll give you another idea…although I doubt it would make that much difference. I shoot a Hostage rest, and it is similar to the biscuit in that the bristles support the arrow. About once a year I have to replace the lower bristle as it begins to spread apart and allow the arrow to sit lower after hundreds of shots. For me, it's easy to notice, but it does cause my bow to shoot 2 or 3 inches low at 25 yards until I get it replaced. Just another possibility to add to the list.

NWBuck

Well just got back from double lung in laporte city. It was a combo of tuning issue and peep sight getting slid down. All is well again and I have to say Double Lung did a great job getting everything back in tune! Ready to hit the tree stand again!

A lot of times your d-loop will bite into your serving and after shooting for awhile it will loosen up. Thus allowing your d-loop to slide up. This should be checked often.

Good old dave at double lung knows his stuff. Glad he got you all fixed up.
I suggest looking into his league shoots. I used to drive up from coralville to shoot up there. Good time to say the least

Top Bottom