Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bow season ends early due to house fire

pmparks

my parents house caught on fire this past monday, and in all that my bow and all my hunting ass. were burnt including 3 very special mounts i had so hoping the best of luck to the rest of you go get them

oh man... I am sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you and your family.. Hopefully you can get refunded by insurance for all of your lost items.

That's terrible, sorry to hear about that. Insurance should help with the lost items but nothing will replace the sentimental stuff. Were the mounts deer or something else.

Let me know if you need some help getting back on your feet. I'd be glad to send you a half dozen arrows to use.

Sucks for sure. Good Luck

that is awful...

prayers sent, hope you guys get back on your feet quickly!!!

Good Luck!

Sorry to hear that, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. As some others have mentioned I have a stand and some camo I could part with. Also have a 5 pin tru-glo sight I could get rid of but not much help on a spare bow. Shoot me a PM if anything is needed.

Very sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what that would be like.....

Like others have mentioned, i've got a treestand, some steps, camo and a backpack that you can just have.

As tough as this is, don't let it end your season. PM me if you would like a helping hand

I have an ancient old Hoyt Raider that you could use until you get geared back up. I've been planning on turning it into a bowfishing rig, but you know how that goes. It's nothing fancy but it's slain some deer buddy!!! It even has the old screw-style brass pins, but you could take DarkArcher up on his tru-glo for an upgrade... Just a thought.

I live in Altoona, which is just a short drive from Colfax, as you already know. PM me if interested...

Last edited:
Well God bless you. You and your family will get through it. November 8, 2000 it happened to me and well you never really get over it but those posessions are just that and when the shock wears off you will realize that having your family is better than having all that stuff you lost. Hang in there, man.

I have got an extra hoyt vtec if you want to use it. PM your draw length and addy and I'll send it to you if you want. I am really sorry for your loss but at least you are all safe.

Sorry for loss. Thoughts and prayers sent your way. My family also went through this a couple of years back. I know it is hard to go back in after, but take an inventory of everything you lost with the name and model number and also with pictures if possible to give to the adjuster. I lost several mounts also and talked with my taxidermist to put down a value. If the rack were not damaged they can be re-caped, but if it was like our fire, it was so hot the there was nothing left of the antlers. I know I have some extra saftey harnesses you could have or PM me on anything else you might need and I can see if I can help. I am stiil replacing some things myself.

Sorry to here that. I have a few thing to lend if you want....

GT or CX Arrows
Spare Release
Spare Sight
A couple of hangon tree stands with screw in steps

I am in Ankeny if you want to take me up. PM me.

Good Luck to you...you'll bounce back.

thanks everyone..... as of now being with the family just makes the days better and for every one that offered stuff and i will get with some of you when the things turn around

Top Bottom