Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bow season

B

brandon

i have a couple of questions, i was wondering when the second bow season ends and i was wondering if it is even worth going out now or if it is better to wait a while and let the deer have a break after the shotgun season. I also was wondering if the deer would be moving around in the timbers or if it would be better to sit in the fields. Thanks!

The bow season ends on the 10th of Jan. If you hunt in a pressuerd area then I would wait to around the 1st of the year.The best thing that could happen for you is to get very very cold, and then hunt the food source becase it will all come down to survivel for the deer. I would start scouting now and keep your eyes open for a hot food sources. I believe in 80% of your time scouting and 20% of your time hunting then your hunts are quality hunts. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

I've always believed that if you're not out there you can't shoot 'em. Of course when it's this warm I can't get myself to go out either. Personally I think deer will start moving more a couple days after shotgun season, they may be skittish as heck, but they know when all that pressure is off. I always do post shotgun scouting but I'll do it with the bow...you never know what will happen. Good luck.

MW

Top Bottom