Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bow sights

I really like the Toxonics line. Very durable, bright pins. I am in the process of building a backup bow and for the money those TruGlo's aren't bad. I put a TruGlo on it...the pins are very bright. It won't take the abuse (plastic pin guard but the rest is aluminum) of a Toxonics or Spot Hogg but for the money they are a great sight.

Here's a pic of the Tox
426tox-med.jpg

I'll take one of the TG tonite.

I like my Copper John. There are quite a few to chose from now a days. Spothog, Toxonics, Copper John, and Trophy Ridge are all good ones.

Im with Rudd Toxonic, but what the heck is that orange thing? I also like the magnifcation for the Toxxes

Orange thing-Plastic barrel plug....poor mans fiber optic protector.
grin.gif

Here's the TG
426truglo.jpg

the sights from G5 outdoors look pretty good as well. Comparable to the spott hoggs by the looks of it.

Psssst, hey Ruddy, you mounted your sights on the wrong side of the riser.
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif

Either that or you've got your negative upside down in the enlarger.

The 'Bonker

Don't neglect the Montana Black Gold Flash Point - absolutely the brightest sight I could find without a battery pack. I can still see my pins while I'm walking back to the truck in the dark!

How long does it take to learn how to bow hunt? because i think im going to get a bow for next year

My advice would be to get a bow by the time it warms up next spring. Then you have all summer to practice, perfect your form, build up the proper muscles, etc. The more you shoot the better you will become and the fairer it is to your prey by making an accurate and ethical shot. I would also advise to make sure you buy your bow from a local pro-shop so you get set-up properly. If the bow doesn't fit you or is improperly tuned you will have nothing but trouble. Hand me down bows rarely ever fit the second owner and the mega-stores just don't have the time to spend with you to make sure everything is right and give you pointers to make learning easier. Surprisingly, the prices locally may be even better than the big stores as well.
Good luck and If you ever need any help feel free to drop me a PM.

Top Bottom