Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow Tech Generals recalled

Limb Chicken

Press release coming soon. Just a heads up as I know a few of you have the General. You will need to send them in to get new limbs put on... Right in time for hunting season. Nice timing... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Re: Boe Tech Generals recalled

I know nothing about bowtechs, but I've been following some of the accidents on archerytalk; everything I've seen says they're only having trouble with the generals, not the guardians.

I can't believe this hasn't been addressed sooner....

People are getting hurt from these bows blowing up and they could of had big lawsuits on their hands.

I am surprised that they weren't getting pressure from their retailers...

Can you imagine if someone came in to test fire this bow and it exploaded and they got hurt?

You know they would be suing the pants off that retailer..

How could this problem slip by their quality control department before they released this bow?

That is what I want to know.....

Its a shame that this wasn't researched more, because the General is a sweet shooting bow..

Easy Nacho. Looks to me like they are taking care of it. The timing maybe a guy could argue about but at least they're not sittin back and saying............too bad...
fing25.gif

Most people dont know that the limbs are not made by Bowtech.

Gordon Composites is the manufacturer of the limbs. And they manufacture most limbs for most bows.

(dont get me wrong though. If there is a problem Bowtech needs to take care of it since they buy the limbs from someone else)

And I don't care who the limbs are made by....

When a company puts out a product, they should make sure it is a safe and quality product..

Bowtech dropped the ball on this bow...

If I owned a General, I would get the new limbs put on and it would be sold the next day.

Lot of other good bows out there that don't have these kinds of problems.

Just my opinion...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And I don't care who the limbs are made by....

When a company puts out a product, they should make sure it is a safe and quality product..

</div></div>

They may have dropped the ball, especially if it were a design flaw. But what if it was the design was fine, it was tested rigorously, and it turned out to be an isolated case of components causing the problems? I'm not sure if they have the means to track down the individuals that would be affected or if they'd just have to do a total recall? It'll be interesting to hear more specifics on this.

My guess is that in the reseach and development of the bow they got a batch of limbs to do the testing and such. That were carefully monitored thru the process. After eveything went good with thise. They went into production where they probably make thousands per run and they got the average joe running the machine and that would be where things go south. Not checking things that need to be checked when they need to be checked. Plus the person making the limbs probably didn't know what they were let alone know what would happen if they failed. Once they go into production there's a ton of things that could create a problem. Being in manufacturing I see stuff like this almost daily. Basically boils down to a persons work ethic and knowledge of what they're doing.
Sorry got a little carried away.

i emailed bowtech after bukslayer advised me of the possible prob. i got a reply from a jeff nelson who is a customer service rep...he's wanting me to call him so i will do that tommorrow to find out the skinny on this. im a little ticked as i just got a new one yesterday.....anyway it is a sweet shooting bow and quiet as all get out....ill let you know what i find out and get the number to anyone who wants it....leech

sorry I got u riled up there Josh...

Please dont hate me..

Can we still be friends?????????????

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Oh I wasn't riled.....you wouldn't want to see me riled....
flamingmad.gif

Sure we can still be friends....
2thumbs.gif

That is if you have one of these with me..
beer.gif

typical Bowtech garbage........

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">typical Bowtech garbage........

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

istockphoto_1523068_stirring_the_po.jpg

roflmao.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And I don't care who the limbs are made by....

If I owned a General, I would get the new limbs put on and it would be sold the next day.

Lot of other good bows out there that don't have these kinds of problems.

Just my opinion... </div></div>

So don't buy a bowtech or recommend one or ever shoot one.

Limb, When they are recalling the Airborn don't be calling for your switchback! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

U will pry that 82nd out of my cold dead hands... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom