Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow vs muzzeloader

Better have ur speed breech tool with you as well... the speed breech on my pro hunter is not as advertised unless you clean it after every shot or every other at Max. When sighting in, I shoot 3x before swabbing the barrel. And removing my speed breech isn't happening without the tool.. and yes, you can swab without removing the breech. I prefer not to do it that way tho

JRudd said:
Better have ur speed breech tool with you as well... the speed breech on my pro hunter is not as advertised unless you clean it after every shot or every other at Max. When sighting in, I shoot 3x before swabbing the barrel. And removing my speed breech isn't happening without the tool.. and yes, you can swab without removing the breech. I prefer not to do it that way tho

My CVA Optima I can shoot 4-5 times and the QRBP comes out by hand.

and yes, you can swab without removing the breech. I prefer not to do it that way tho

So out of curiosity, when you are at the range, after a couple of shots, when you go to swab the barrel, you take the breach plug out and then run some patches down it? And then put the plug back in and reload? Ive never heard of that, thats why Im curious...

So out of curiosity, when you are at the range, after a couple of shots, when you go to swab the barrel, you take the breach plug out and then run some patches down it? And then put the plug back in and reload? Ive never heard of that, thats why Im curious...

That's exactly what I do. I don't have the speed breech so I have to use the tool. If I could get my fingers on it I would be able remove pretty easy. By taking out the breech plug I can look down the barrel as well. Just something I prefer

Jrudd, do you use grease on your breech plug by chance? If not that may be why your having some difficulty removing your plug. I know CVA makes plug grease but I've not seen any others.

The new cvas breech plug is amazing. No grease needed at all. I had my doubts but after many range sessions and days afield I have always been able to get my plug out by hand with little force.

My old knights were a nightmare even with grease. Half the time the tool didnt even work and I had to resort to a socket wrench and long extension. Never a good feeling holding your scope on a table with all your weight and then wrenching on the back to get out plug.

The speed breech design is so much nicer. In the field, on the bench you can pop it out immediately and you dont have grease everywhere. sometimes when shooting I will pop mine out and run a #32 drill bit down the flash hole to clean out powder. I have had times I get to shooting and forget to put powder down the barrel. Not an issue with speed breech with knight it was always done for the day. I just flat out like them because they arent buried deep in the gun like the old knights.

If I had a bow that shot well for me I would buy a muzz ;)

i love my bow and dislike the shotgun season so i picked up a smoke pole and get a tag each year. i havent shot anything with it but my son got his first deer with it this year. i guess i like having the option and late in the year i can bring both out for a mixed hunt. it gives me something to play with at the range while the boys shoot the .22 also

I don't hang up my bow during late season if I still have a statewide tag, but definitely prefer to fill it before the gun seasons start. If I do have a statewide tag still, I'll carry the muzzy until that tag is filled, then back to the bow. Best case scenario is to get a buck during November and a doe in October. Then, fill my muzzy tag in January.

Top Bottom