Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowfishin bigun fun

moosehunter

PMA Member
Fathers day had to be my lucky day. After a few times out lately with missing everything I shot at I finally stuck one of those logs I've seen. It took three seperate approaches on a small group of 8 fish or so. The last approach I shot at and missed a fish. But I got lucky and they stayed there and I got another chance. This time I had a long shot at a fish going away, but he was on the surface and I new he was big. I no choice but to follow him with the boat cause I could see not much of the arrow was in him. But I was gaining line and as he came along side the boat all I could hear in my head was "SHOOT HIM LIZABETH, SHOOT HIM". First chance I had to net him I was lucky again and he swam right in.

My neighbor owns a local CO-OP so we weighed it there again. I knew he was at least 60, but it actually was an even 70. I don't get to shoot alot of numbers of fish, but I do get some quality ones......

727-img_0002.jpg

Wow, you got me beat. I have only topped 60 lbs once. Is that a sterile lake fish or wild? What kind of head are you useing? Where did you hit her? Seems those big ones if hit in the body rip off alot. We always try to get them in the front end to keep them on, and usually try to get another arrow in em asap. You must have a big net I usually have to get close to the shore and jump in the water to get them in the boat.

Wow, you got me beat. I have only topped 60 lbs once. Is that a sterile lake fish or wild? What kind of head are you useing? Where did you hit her? Seems those big ones if hit in the body rip off alot. We always try to get them in the front end to keep them on, and usually try to get another arrow in em asap. You must have a big net I usually have to get close to the shore and jump in the water to get them in the boat.

I think they are reproducing in the lake. This one had a tupperware bowl full of eggs. I hit it on the back third and only about 3 or 4 inches of penetration. I just use a Muzzy head. I really had to follow it around for awhile and let it get tired out before I could pull it close enough to net it. Like I said..........It was a lucky day

Top Bottom