Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowfishing action!

brknarrow

Went to the ventura grade yesterday and shot some real pigs! Water is murky in Clear Lake so had to wait for them to come very close to the surface. Day before there was a 15 lb musky trying to jump the grate into Ventura marsh, so had to be sure to identify my target! Lots of activity in the southwestern part of the little lake. Still trying to shoot a gobbler with my bow, but I took a afternoon off after a long weekend in the woods.

Anybody see this asian carp yet? Taken around lock and dam 26 on the Mississippi. Weighed 92.5.
monster_bighead_2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rowdy#88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the F@%^&$!!!!!!!!!</div></div>

is right. I thought mine was good size! Dang!

grasscarpHickory.jpg

HOOOooolllyyy cow. Im definitly rigging my snagging gear up with 100 lb. Test next year. I dont care who you are, if you hooked into the tail of that fish with a rod and reel you would FREAK!!! Dang is it January yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goatman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody see this asian carp yet? Taken around lock and dam 26 on the Mississippi. Weighed 92.5. </div></div>

That should fertilize your average garden!

Found out the guy's name is Darin Opel from Worden,IL. He said he is 6'4" and 300 lbs. The fish was 62" long and had a 30" girth. The old record for bow carp was 35.5lbs. The story was he fought him for 10 minutes then bearhugged him to shore where the fish fought him. He thinks it will be broken by a 100 pounder.

Top Bottom