Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowfishing success

deerhunter93

Well my brother and I went out this afternoon and had a little success. We shot many many times and most likely shot over every time as we didnt know you needed to aim THAT low. None the less I shot one
icon_e_biggrin.gif

If anyone wants to get rid of some bowfishing gear in central Iowa please shoot me a pm. I just have one arrow and wouldn't mind upgrading my "reel". Also my brother doesn't have any gear. Thanks guys!

hint: shoot low!!! haha

6487-img_2777_-_copy.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes!!!!:confused:

You are asking for trouble having all that line out like that.

First time that catches on something you will make sure to reel it back up again......trust me!! :D

Yikes!!!!:confused:

You are asking for trouble having all that line out like that.

First time that catches on something you will make sure to reel it back up again......trust me!! :D

Not to pile on, but I was thinking the same thing. You DO NOT want an arrow to "hit the end of the string" and come back at you, believe me. With the loose string in your picture I would say that the "window of opportunity" to have a problem is there for you. I recommend getting a "fish arrow" with a sliding device on it, it looks like you are tied off at the end of the arrow.

Congrats on the fish, but please check with someone experienced for proper rigging before going again. Oh and since I am playing "dad" here, be sure to wear some sunscreen out there too! :grin:

I definitely agree with you guys about the arrow stuff. I've got a birthday coming up pretty soon so I am going to get some better equiptment.

Top Bottom