Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowhunter Education Instructor Workshop

B

Blind Sow

On February 9 the DNR will hold a workshop for bowhunters interested in becoming International Bowhunter Education Program (IBEP) instructors. It is open to bowhunters with at least three years of bowhunting experience. The workshop will be held at the DNR's Conservation Education Center located at Springbrook State Park (north of Guthrie Center).

The hours will run from 9 am to 4 pm. The instructors will be IBEP State Volunteer Chairman Dave Mason and Doug Clayton. As with any DNR hunter education program all instructors will under go a background investigation before final appointment as an IBEP instructor.

There is a $5 registration fee that will be reimbursed when you show up at the class on Saturday. There is no refund if you don't attend.

Lunch will be available at the center for a nominal fee. For those who have a long way to commute Friday night lodging will be provided by the DNR at the Conservation Education Center.

The application deadline for attending the IBEP instructor workshop is FEBRUARY 5.

Any questions can be directed to Doug Clayton--home (712) 323-9123 or cell (712) 520-5570.

Doug Clayton

State Conservation Officer

Thanks for the info Blindsow. I am very interested but I have to check with the wife 1st. Unless we set some ground rules 1st I'm afraid that she'll deduct the time I spend teaching from the time I am allowed to actually hunt. Maybe I can convince her that teaching Bow Hunter Safety courses is a career booster because it will help me refine my "public speaking skills".

Top Bottom