Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowhunters worst nightmare..Kind of

iowabruce

I've been walking my families property about once a week during the shotgun season, and yesterday found what I'd hoped I hadn't.... A very nice 135" 10 pt. that I had hoped would make it thru the season didn't. I had filmed him 3 different times....he would have been a real masher next year. The worst thing was someone had shot him and sawed the antlers out of his head.......bummer! It sure wasn't the Christmas present I had hoped for. This is just Icing on the cake after the problem I've had with tresspasser's that I mentioned in another post.
Bruce
flaming.gif

Maybe I misunderstood his post. I assumed the rack was sawed off and missing. Thus him finding a dead deer with no rack to identify. Regardless it is unfortunate.
Pupster

Pupster,
I named this buck "Coppertop" because of the destinctive red cap he had on the top of his head. I also take note of the throat patches on all of the deer I film. You would be surprised how different these critters really look as far as facial structure. By taking note of these features I can identify them in the early spring after their antlers have shed.
Bruce
wavey.gif

Sorry to hear it Bruce.Sounds like its been a rough month or so for ya.If you dont mind me asking,where is this land of yours? Maybe a neighbor or a couple locals could help you out on keeping the BUMS out.
P.S. If by chance this area is near me,I've heard a couple stories,names included,that you may be interested in.

ib -

Sorry to hear that .

Not sure about Iowa, but I believe that if a hunter shoots then leaves the carcass lay in Wisconsin can be charges with a crime of wasting a natural resource. I'd consider contacting a conservation officer.

Yes, If you shoot it and leave it lay or throw it away etc...they can charge you with wanton waste.
IowaBruce, How did you know it was the buck you'd seen if the rack was cut off? He may still be out there. Good luck
Pupster

I guess a person can only pray that he is still out there, but if he got him on film, more than likely he knows what he looks like. I sure hope you get this guy, its a bummer the deer had to go down that way, i cant stand people like that, get a life!

Top Bottom