Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bows

josh macfarland

This next year I'm planning to get a Matthews bow. Not new but used for about $650.00 give or take. So it will be alittle older but still new. What are yalls favorite Matthews bow for about that price. Thanks on the imput.

Mississippi redneck

WAAAAY too much money for ANY mathews

haha :thrwrck:

JM, you should be able to pick up a pretty nice Z7 for that amount of money. Those are solid bows and great shooters. Not sure if you will fiind one fully equipped or not though. Talk to some of the dealers and tell them to keep their eyes open. They get alot of trades when the new models come in :way:

I've liked every Mathews I've ever had. Wish I hadn't gotten rid my first (Drenalin) and would have saved a TON of money by swapping. I'm a single cam guy. Shooting an 07 Ross Cardiac now b/c I picked it up cheap.

Reezen or z7 should be easy to find in your price range used.

Mathews Switchback for sure.

I have a Mathews Q2 for a backup, and definately want to upgrade that one to the Switchback someday. You can probably find a bare bow for $400 to $500, so you may have a little left over for accessories.

I've been watching AT for a long time, and everytime someone mentions the best Mathews bows, the Switchback is always in there, mentioned by many people. I don't think i have have ever heard anyone say anything bad about them. It may be a little older than what your looking for, but worth a look.

Last edited:
I have a switchback xt that I would be willing to get rid of. Pm me if that might be something you are looking for. Mathews are great bows!

haha :thrwrck:

JM, you should be able to pick up a pretty nice Z7 for that amount of money. Those are solid bows and great shooters. Not sure if you will fiind one fully equipped or not though. Talk to some of the dealers and tell them to keep their eyes open. They get alot of trades when the new models come in :way:

I dont think any of the newer models are better than the Z7 which should allow you to get a good deal. Great bow :way:

Drenalin is a great bow. Wish I wouldn't have sold it to my brother. I have a Z7 now and really like it.

I picked up a used LX last year from a friend and killed my first deer with it last night. I had a cheap Jennings before that, and this was a huge upgrade. Watch craigslist as well. As the season wears on and christmas gets closer (people needing money) there is always bows and other hunting things for sale.

Thanks guys. My dad just gave me his decked out bowtech tomkat. I've shot it before and it realy fits me well. So I think I'm going to try it out, I may upgrade the sight and stabilizer. Right now it has a 6 in. limb saver stabilizer, wrist strap, redhead sight that has the colum in it that put light in the pins, hostage rest, then it has a hush dampener kit. Any ideas on sights I think ill get one with the .19 pin size instead of .29

Top Bottom