Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bowshoots

Iowagirl

I am shooting these bowshoots every weekend and I can't help but wonder if everyone is as honest as they claim to be. I am shooting for fun and it is really not a big deal I guess, but I saw a woman shooting from the youth stakes a couple weeks ago and keeping score and thought that it really was not the honest thing to do. I also thought maybe she wasn't informed correctly on were she should of been shooting from. This is only one of many things I have seen on the courses . Do u say something or do u just know your doing it honest?

I'm sure there are plenty of people who either shoot from the wrong location or cheat the scores a little bit. Probably not something to get too worried about. If that's what trips their trigger then that's their problem. I don't go to 3D shoots to win a prize, I just go to have a good time and get some practice in. With the case of the lady shooting from the wrong stake, maybe she knew and didn't turn her score card in......never know.

When I shoot a 3d course I always shoot from the right spot and keep an honest score but I have been known to use a range finder. I know I know against the rules.. but I don't even turn in my card I only shoot the course for my practice and if an animal is 40+ yards I'd be ranging it in a real life situation so I do the same at the 3d shoot. I know I'm probably wrong for doing it but like I said I'm just there for the fun/practice.

Ya I do the same. If I use rangefinders even once I wont turn in a score. I assume others that I see bending the rules arent there to win either. I will turn in a score if I never bend even one rule and feel I did good just to see if my score competes with others on what I thought was good shooting.

This weekend we are having a 3D shoot that does allow rangefinders - a first for us.
Hickoryridge3d.com - between Pella and Knoxville. Come check us out!

Top Bottom