Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowtech Destroyer 350

Shredder

Life Member
Anyone have this and how does it rate. I know speed is high on this bow but what are the other good/positive things about this bow?

brace height might be a concern....cant be the most forgiving. Havent shot it but that would be my guess.

The best bow bar none I've shot. Very forgiving, dead in the hand, quiet and ultra fast. Shooting it with a QAD rest and it's the deal. My partner is one of the biggest Bowtech and Mathews dealers in Texas and I have been shooting a 2007 Tribute because I didn't like the draw cycles of most of the new speed bows. But after shooting his last November, I was hooked and am completely satisfied. The 340 has a longer brace height but the 350 shoots so good, it's not needed. I cannot shoot the same spots within 40 yds without tearing up arrows consistantly. I would say go shoot all the new ones and make your mind up then, but for me it only took one shot. Good Luck

I have read tons of reviews on this bow and everyone says that brace height on this bow isn't a concern it all. Very forgiving, dead in hand, quiet and smoking fast. I keep hearing rumors of a Destroyer 360 coming out soon so might want to wait.

The 350 was one of a bunch I shot when shopping for a new bow this summer. Awesome shooting bow! Ended up going a different direction, but would've been very happy with the 350 as well. The things I liked the most were smooth draw, very fast, whisper quiet and dead in the hand. Great bow.

NWBuck

It is a great shooting bow, liked the 340 a little more, felt like it had a better back wall than the 350 and didn't want to creep at all. I ended up buying a SWAT instead as it couldn't be beat as far as dead in the hand, back wall and draw. I would have been happy with the 340 or 350 but I loved the SWAT.
I hear the 360 is coming out end of the year.

Kratz

A guy could go nuts waiting for the next model every year. I liked the 350 but still want to try some of the Elite bows.

I bought the 340 and am very happy with it. I made my choice over the 350 because of the brace height.

I've been a Mathews guy for 8 of my 10years in archery.

I decided I wanted a bow with a better brace height last winter. I shot the Z7 at my local dealer and the new Maxxis. Was not impressed with the Maxxis and I thought the Z7 was just 1/2 a step over last years model.
One day on the way home from the twin cities i stopped at a dealer that carries bowtech and mathews.

I shot the 350 about 25-30 times and then I shot the Z7 shot it about 10 times. And walked out. I pondered for the rest of the 2hour drive home whether I could really be a bowtech guy this year.

All in all the answer was no, I now own the Z7.

I have NEVER been so close to buying a different brand as I was after shooting the 350. Smoking fast, no recoil, light. Just had a touch of vibration after the shot that the Z7 didnt and thats the only reason I went with Z7. Rock solid back wall with no creep was great feeling too.

Biggest mistake I made (if you want to call it that) was shooting the Destroyer 350, after shooting it.....I fell in love with it!!! If your at a restaurant, the Bowtech 350 would be like the top of the line steak you can get. Smooth, Fast, Quiet, Forgiving, need I say more. I currently shoot a Bowtech Guardian and have shot a couple other models by Bowtech. They truly have outdone themselves with the Destroyer. Have a hard time parting with my Guardian though since it has been good to me. As soon as it lets me down, definitely will be going to my local Bowtech dealer and picking one of these bad boys up.

Biggest mistake I made (if you want to call it that) was shooting the Destroyer 350, after shooting it.....I fell in love with it!!! If your at a restaurant, the Bowtech 350 would be like the top of the line steak you can get. Smooth, Fast, Quiet, Forgiving, need I say more. I currently shoot a Bowtech Guardian and have shot a couple other models by Bowtech. They truly have outdone themselves with the Destroyer. Have a hard time parting with my Guardian though since it has been good to me. As soon as it lets me down, definitely will be going to my local Bowtech dealer and picking one of these bad boys up

that pretty much sums up my last trip down to buck hollow. i shot the 340 and 350 and LOVED them. by the time i raise enough coin, i may be able to decide between the 2.

I'm on my way to my local bow shop in about 4 hours to spend some hard earned overtime from another 3 weeks working 14-15 hour days on oil spill related stuff. this thread is perfect timins since its down to either the Destroyer or the Z7. This thread has given me a lot to think about as I'm like Bowhunter 311 and have shot nothing but Mathews the last 7 years.

Great bow

I bought one two weeks ago and have shot two mature does with mine so far this season. As far as I'm concerned it is much better that the hoyt or mathews that I have used. I still own my mathews S2 and like it. My destroyer is super fast, dead in the hand and easy to shoot. Mine shoots 349.3 fps set up to hunt. That is with victory arrows. Awesome, awsome bow. Good luck.

After hearing all this about the destroyer I might have to upgrade from my 2007 tribute. I just can t see my self doing this when the tribute s been such a good bow but it sounds like the destroyer is a better shooting and feeling bow so I ll have to shoot one. But it s like the saying goes, if it ain t broke........

After hearing all this about the destroyer I might have to upgrade from my 2007 tribute. I just can t see my self doing this when the tribute s been such a good bow but it sounds like the destroyer is a better shooting and feeling bow so I ll have to shoot one. But it s like the saying goes, if it ain t broke........

If you like the Tribby I'd be sure to shoot an Elite Z-28 or the 2011 Elite Hunter. I would bet money you'd change your mind about the Destroyer. Nothing against the Bowtechs at all I like Bowtech.

Curious what draw weight, length, and arrow weight you are shooting. That's smoking.

I've been a Mathews guy for 8 of my 10years in archery.

I decided I wanted a bow with a better brace height last winter. I shot the Z7 at my local dealer and the new Maxxis. Was not impressed with the Maxxis and I thought the Z7 was just 1/2 a step over last years model.
One day on the way home from the twin cities i stopped at a dealer that carries bowtech and mathews.

I shot the 350 about 25-30 times and then I shot the Z7 shot it about 10 times. And walked out. I pondered for the rest of the 2hour drive home whether I could really be a bowtech guy this year.

All in all the answer was no, I now own the Z7.

I have NEVER been so close to buying a different brand as I was after shooting the 350. Smoking fast, no recoil, light. Just had a touch of vibration after the shot that the Z7 didnt and thats the only reason I went with Z7. Rock solid back wall with no creep was great feeling too.

So I spent about an hour or more this afternoon bouncing back and forth between the Z7 and the Destroyer 340. All I can say is WOW! I ended up with the Z7, but it was a VERY tough choice. I don't know if it was a psychosomatic thing, but I think I felt something just a little odd in that Destroyer, much like Bowhuntr. On the way home, I called my buddy to tell him what happened and he couldn't believe I almost went Bowtech after talking nothing but Mathews for so long. I told him he definitely had to check the Destroyer out if he was going to be in the market. If only I had a need for two bows (ok, I could find the need, just not the money). Toughest choice in a LONG time.

Big thanks to everyone here for weighing in on the original post. It certainly influenced me greatly. :way:

Top Bottom