Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowtech Heartbreaker Question

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
For about the last 3 years or so, my wife has kicked around the idea of getting a bow for herself and I offer every year to get her one. She told me that all she wanted for her birthday and Christmas this year is hardwood (laminate, actually) floors installed in the remaining carpeted areas of the house. After looking at prices to get some good quality stuff installed, we came across one of those "no payments/no interest for 24 months" deals at Home Depot. She told me if we went that route and did the installation ourselves, we could use the money we'll be saving to get her bow. It looks like this year is finally the year! :way:

We went to the archery shop here in town to talk to them about a decent bow for her without breaking the bank. My wife may never hunt with it so it may just be a target bow. With that, we didn't look at the Mathews Passion. We looked at the Diamond Infinity Edge (my initial idea for her), Hoyt Ruckus, and Bowtech Heartbreaker. She shot the Heartbreaker and, although she really didn't know what she was doing, liked it. The Heartbreaker seems to be the best bow for her for the money ($650 RAK package), especially if down the road she decides to actually take up hunting. I'm one of those that will spend a bit extra (sometimes quite a bit extra) to get a better quality piece of equipment the first time as opposed to getting something that will get you started and then upgrade later.

I guess what I'm getting at is wondering if there are any lady hunters on here that shoot the Heartbreaker or any guys whose wives shoot the Heartbreaker and can give a good review of the Heartbreaker. The limited time I've spent looking at reviews seem to suggest its a solid bow and a great one for ladies. Much appreciated!

The wife has a bowtech equalizer. She wants to get a newer bow and likes the heartbreaker in the pink anorock version. I want her to try the Hoyt charger before we upgrade her. That is an apples to apples comparison.

Can you explain the apples to apples comparison? My understanding is that the Heartbreaker replaced the Equalizer and that Hoyt doesn't actually make a women's specific bow; they just put women's specific cams/mods on their regular line. Obviously, I could be wrong on that last part about Hoyt as I'm not a Hoty guy. I appreciate the feedback!

My dad bought my mom the heartbreaker a month or so ago. She was wanting to start target shoots again and possibly bow kill a turkey in the spring. It seems like a good bow, i know she likes it alot but compared to her old bow, anything is better. I don't know alot about the bow but I don't think you can go wrong with Bowtech.

Yeah the heartbreaker is the equalizers replacement. Which I believe that both the charger and the heartbreaker are mid grade bows. Both are about the same price. They both have a 24 inch draw and a 30/40# range 40/50# range and up. And most important they both have a pink option. In my opinion the ruckus is a bottom end bow and is more of a youth then ladies bow. Both the heartbreaker and the charger are good bows and whatever the wife wants the wife gets as long as its not a mathews!!!

Yeah the heartbreaker is the equalizers replacement. Which I believe that both the charger and the heartbreaker are mid grade bows. Both are about the same price. They both have a 24 inch draw and a 30/40# range 40/50# range and up. And most important they both have a pink option. In my opinion the ruckus is a bottom end bow and is more of a youth then ladies bow. Both the heartbreaker and the charger are good bows and whatever the wife wants the wife gets as long as its not a mathews!!!

Got it. Thanks for the info! My 8 year old daughter shoots a Ruckus and loves it. Its great for her and I agree that its a great youth bow. I had my wife look at it just for the sake of looking at it.

You're last part made me laugh pretty good. I've always shot Mathews, but I'll admit that one made me laugh! Thanks again!

Top Bottom