Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowtech Insanity VS. Matthews Monster

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
I plan on buying a new bow in the next couple weeks. Been meaning to get around to it all spring, then I realized that its now July. Time to finally buy it and head to a few 3-d shoots and get to practicing with it in the yard before the season rolls around. This winter I shot all 3 new 2012 models of the main three manufacturers: Hoyt Vortec, Matthews Heli-M, and Bowtech Insanity. Strongly disliked the Vortec so it's out the window. I liked both the Insanity and Heli-M, but the Insanity was the one for me. I just wanted to wait until it warmed up out and had a little cash saved up to buy it. Just now getting around to it, unfortunately. Well, I went in to the shop today and decided to shoot the Insanity again and the Heli-M just to be sure, yep, Insanity it is. But, then they had me try out the 2012 Matthew Monster. It is regarded more as a big game bow for elk, bear, etc. Not neccesarily whitetails. But, it was definitly nice. It was very smooth and felt great to shoot. It was noticeable heavier than the Insanity, but it did have a much smoother draw and was told that is a little more forgiving the the Insanity. I really like the Insanity, but the Monster sure grabbed my attention today. Anyone have anything words of wisdom or suggestions? I'm still leaning towards the Insanity, and I will be buying one of these bows.

The only thing that sticks out to me is I don't see how the monster would be regarded more as a big game bow which would indicate it is more powerful. I always thought the insanity was faster than all of the monsters except for maybe the MR5. Seems like a sales technique to me.

Outside of that, only you can decide man. Both would be great bows and I don't think you could go wrong with either. Whatever one shoots better for you is the one I would go with.

The only thing that sticks out to me is I don't see how the monster would be regarded more as a big game bow which would indicate it is more powerful. I always thought the insanity was faster than all of the monsters except for maybe the MR5. Seems like a sales technique to me.

Outside of that, only you can decide man. Both would be great bows and I don't think you could go wrong with either. Whatever one shoots better for you is the one I would go with.

I've just heard from several people that the Monster is the bow of choice for a lot of elk/bear/moose/African game hunters. It can be cranked up pretty high so I figured that made since. I will more than likely be going with the Insanity.

sep0667 said:
I've just heard from several people that the Monster is the bow of choice for a lot of elk/bear/moose/African game hunters. It can be cranked up pretty high so I figured that made since. I will more than likely be going with the Insanity.

My shop out here sells more Bowtechs, Hoyts, and Z7s than Monsters and the only thing we are missing is moose & African game. The guys there have actually talked me out of a Monster on a couple of occasions. I certainly wouldn't put any weight into the idea that you need a Monster to take "big game".

I have the monster. If you shoot the monster and insanity back to back you can feel way more vibration in the insanity. Shoot what feels best to you. But the vibration after the shot with bowtech was very noticeable when shooting them one after the other.

IMHO. The Insanity is basically the Invasion plus a few fps..No experience with 2012 monster but the older models were/are nice..

LOTS of chages between the invasion and the new Insanity - find a qualified shop that can set them up correctly and have them show you and explain the changes - lots of improvement than not only benefit the shooter but also the dealer making tuning and set-up even easier. Smoother and faster at the same time - Hard to argue with that.

Fair Enough, I don't have the resources to really into the specifics. The feel of the insanity to me is much like the Invasion. As far as easy tuning, im not sure, I haven't tweaked either one, just shot both, thanks for clearing that up Gunrunr. Like I said it was just my opinion.

go with the bow that feels the best to you. in the end thats the bow youll shoot the best with the most confidence. im a firm believer youll know your bow once you shoot it. im not loyal to one brand. but i do shoot a bowtech now

I have the monster. If you shoot the monster and insanity back to back you can feel way more vibration in the insanity. Shoot what feels best to you. But the vibration after the shot with bowtech was very noticeable when shooting them one after the other.

I am gonna disagree with the vibration. I would have to guess that bow was not set up correctly. I don't have the insanity I shoot the invasion but I have shot it plenty and never had any vibration.

Top Bottom