Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Box blind ideas?

SWBUCKHNTR

Hey everyone I am finally getting time to build a tower blind. The only downer is I have 2 buddies helping and we all have different ideas. We have 8 telephone poles and my wifes dad owns a lumber yard so I have access to about any type of lumber I will need. Does anyone have any ideas or pictures they would like to share? Thanks in advance.

I would use 2x8s with carriage bolts attaching then to the posts. I would use 2x6s in between the 2x8s as joists. If you can get joist hangers - use them. Of course use treated lumber if its going to be exposed to the weather. What are your plans for the wall and roof? You could use 2x4s for studs walls and a slanted roof and sheet both with tin. Let me know what you use. I am probably going to be building some if I get some property bought.

Everyone thinks you need to be high off the ground. We have found 7 feet to work out real well. This makes them easier to work on and you can access them wilt a trap door entrance. We build them 6'X6' framed like a small house and use cheap 24"X24" windows from menards or Lowes. After framing them we wrap in black plastic and then use 4'X8' sheets of cement siding on the outside. The squirrels won't chew the siding.
Being only 7 feet off the ground will not bother mature bucks at all. We have shot several 5 to 6 yr old deer from the blinds the first year up.

Top Bottom