Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Brand new Mathews z7

The picture looks like a standard Z7. If its an Xtreme it will say it on the limbs. They didn't make a 80 pound limb for the Z7 or the Z7 Xtreme What is the draw length and max weight?

Draw length is 28 max weight 70. I thought you could order different limbs for it for 80#. Honestly I was going to go with a different mathews that was already set up for 80 but this seemed like to good of a deal

The 80# limbs are no longer available in any color from Mathews. I checked last week. They were 75# custom actually I think.

Last edited:
IF.... it is never been shot I think that is a great deal, but I don't know that it can be a 2014, are they even in production still? That is like a 5 or 6 year old model bow.

But I'll tell you I bought a z-7 when they came out and I loved that bow! Other than my new Hoyt, it was probably my favorite bow Ive had.

Only thing that sucks is the cam for the z7 is about $90 from a dealer if you need draw length changed. $500 is a good price if the bow already fits your DL

You can also usually trade with a dealer for 35$ if they have your length. You should be able to look at the cable where it passes the cam and see if it is tightly wound or starting to separate a bit. That should tell you if its been shot much. They will start to separate pretty quickly. 5 series limbs are from 2011 but the ata measurement will also tell you. Since I ditched my Hoyt years ago I have owned 3 Mathews and the z7 extreme I shot against the Heli-m and didn't think the Heli-m was better for more money. 500$ for a used extreme is a fair deal, not to many around for that and if it's new even better.

True. Just remrmber 2010 z series cams are not able to be swapped over to the 2011 + z series lineup. Look for the small "hook/notch" on the cam

Went and equipped a 8" bee stinger stabilizer on it today with a QAD arrow rest. I have been the first one to shoot it just so everyone is correct on that. It was still in its original packaging when I got it and didn't even have a loop on the strings yet. Shot it today 28" draw and at 60#, we bumped it up to 70#. Still not what I want (honestly I pull 70 back pretty easy) but if 70 is all the higher I can go on it that will have to do.

What does everyone recommend on a good sight. I'm having a hard time trying to decide between a 5 pin and a 3 pin. I have a 5 pin tru glo on my Q2 now but could never seem to justify having all 5 pins. I wanted to go 20-40-60 but I think I will have to go 15-30-45 with a 3 pin or 15-30-45-60-?? on a 5 pin. Any suggestions. Looked at the spot hogs today and the Micro IQ I think they were. Not sure if I want to dump that kinda $$ on a sight.

I use an HHA single pin and an archery innovations anchor sight. Not for everyone. Curious how you think the stabilizer changes the way the bow feels/handles. Have a short limbsaver stabilizer now but am thinking maybe I need more for longer distance? Have you shot it without?

I shot it without, with a 6" beestinger and an 8" it feels very front heavy until you get to full draw. Then it's amazing how balanced it feels, even with 70# it keeps it very balanced and smooth. I saw the single pin...I wasn't to confident about it. Never shot one though!

If I were you I would go 3 pin and set them at 20,30,40 then you can split the pins on 25,35 yard shots and put your 40 about 3/4 the way up the body on a 50 yard shot. Less pins less confusing.

Just to add. On a 10 yd. shot your 20yd pin will be about an 1" high. On a 5yd. shot your 30yd pin will be dead on. Try it.

Top Bottom