Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Branstad

Keep sending the emails. One of these days I hope they get through. I send em and always get the same canned form letter type response. But keep doing it, hopefully they will get the message one of these days.

Keep sending the emails. One of these days I hope they get through. I send em and always get the same canned form letter type response. But keep doing it, hopefully they will get the message one of these days.

They are actually not getting the message. Not like you said it and he didn't listen - I'm saying the number of hunters that writes in and attends the meetings is TINY. It's ridiculous and borderline shameful how lazy the hunting community can be. Worst case, uniformed on how to make a difference SO - here you go, here's how you can. They NEED to hear from hunters and they have not in past. It would make a HUGE difference. change this... email gov, ATTEND THE MEETINGS & email your rep.

I agree 100% Sligh1. Didn't mean to sound like it never makes a difference. I agree we need to keep up the emails, letters, go to meetings, call your rep, or whatever it takes. I was just pointing out that it seems like even after you do all these things it seems to go nowhere. Not saying stop the fight, just implying it gets frustrating.

I agree though, keep it up and those that aren't please start. We need the help, and the more voices the better.

Sligh,

What is the population of Iowa? How many hunting licenses are sold? Tiny?...........

He's sayin the number of people that email the gov. about the deer problem and go to the meetings is tiny, not the number of hunters in Iowa.

He's sayin the number of people that email the gov. about the deer problem and go to the meetings is tiny, not the number of hunters in Iowa.
Maybe you missed the crux of my post.

Deer hunters in Iowa are a "minority" if you look at the numbers.

Sligh,

What is the population of Iowa? How many hunting licenses are sold? Tiny?...........

A lot of people and the license sales are a lot of people. It's been stated by many from DNR & legislatures - they have heard very little from hunters VS the opposition in the past. What is the total of tags sold in the state? It's a whole lot of people and tags. I'm not knocking many of the guys on here - this group has to be the best for action. I'm simply saying - for those that have not emailed in, please do so because it does make a huge difference.

**A random example of what I'm trying to say, I personally think if the same # of people who will end of quitting deer hunting this year - due to their hunting gone down hill - would email in & attend meetings the impact would be incredibly greater than it's ever been in the past. In my opinion, those kind of voices & numbers would really make a difference as well.

Last edited:
A lot of people and the license sales are a lot of people. It's been stated by many from DNR & legislatures - they have heard very little from hunters VS the opposition in the past.
The problem with a large percentage of these people is they do not see Whitetail hunting the way most on this website does, thus making the number of people "tiny". Regrettably, the ones walking out on hunting whitetails next year are the ones we want to walk out because a large part of them created the problem by the over kill of does and wouldn't dream of writing the governor. The fun is over for them and the cycle begins anew. In theory.

The problem I have with begging off on Branstad and the DNR is that nothing solid ever changes and the years go by and the herd continues to dwindle. Maybe this is the year something meaningful will change, but if not, we need another game plan.

True! But if we get more people to email and attend stuff, it will shows something wrong
The problem with that thought is we see the low deer numbers as something wrong, they see it as they are doing something right.

Last edited:
Sent the emails in the past with generic response always coming back. Where is the running doe count and the ones from the past where guys were trying to warn what was happening and what was going to to come from it???? The biologist should be making the decisions not us or the politicians. We have our own agendas

Last edited:
Where is the running doe count and the ones from the past where guys were trying to warn what was happening and what was going to to come from it????
Killing does at the time wasn't a problem and was to be temporary. The problem is it never stopped. Maybe we need a running unfilled tag count?

Killing does at the time wasn't a problem and was to be temporary. The problem is it never stopped. Maybe we need a running unfilled tag count?

Im even talking the last couple. Think this is the first year without.

Sent from my tab 2 using IW

Getting a generic response is ok. They will tally up how many of the emails u write. So it would make a difference whether they have to send that generic reply to 10 people vs a thousand. Keep firing them over!

I didn't fill either one of my tags, antlerless or any-sex. Every time I kept thinking I'd go out I would read all these posts from guys who already killed their deer urging me not to over tax the deer herd and I'd feel guilty.

Just kidding, I was too busy this year to put much effort into it. Either way, I've got 2 tags, unfilled. I think I may put them in the crockpot tomorrow to soften them up. Anybody know how to get rid of the bitter failure taste?

Top Bottom