Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bringing the bow up into your stand

peterb

just wondering how everybody does it? i just use a small rope with a small beaner at the end loop it through and clip back to the rope. the only problem is that it gets tangled about one or two times a week. i have it attached to the bottom of my pack and when i get up and get the bow off i try to be careful how i wrap it up and stick it in a pocket but somehow it always seems to knot up and it is pissin me off more times than i want to deal with it. i saw the reel up one in the cabelas mags but i know that has to be a easier way with just having a string without it knotin up. thanks

I have one with a reel, I think it is my favorite piece of equipment out of everything I own. Nothing more frustrating than a piece of rope that gets knotted up and your hands are too cold to undo it.

Do you use hang on or climber?All of my hang on's have a rope that stays with the stand.With the climber I use a small hoist rope that I carry with me.I've been lucky so far and not had it knot up.

I have cord with a beaner attached to every stand so I never have to worry about wrapping it up. I clip the beaner on the bottom step so it's always ready to go when I get there. I make sure the cord is long enough that it touches the ground so I can also use it for string rattling.

i use only a climber, so leavin it on doesnt work with moving it from tree to tree. think i might need the reel one for next year.

I only use hangers, and have a rope hanging all the time with each one. Took me awhile to learn to hang it on the opposite side of steps, as it will invariably get tangled in the steps.

i use a thin rope with a spring clip tied to the end of it, i just snap it to my bow, when i get up, i pull my bow up and snap the clip to the bottom of my stand, when im done,snap it to my bow and let it down.snap it to my bottom step when im down, done deal.

Rope with a loop tied in the end of it (a few feet from the ground. I don't raise it or lower to the ground. Just let the bow hang there). Stuff loop through top cam and put loop around the stabilizer, then pull up to stand or lower to the ground. Hook same loop to step when done so rope doesn't get blown around and wrapped up into surrounding trees and branches.

a fat braided cord will reduce knotting and tangles. I use parachute chord that is about the thickness of my index finger.

I carry 2 of these at all times. Best 10.50 I have spent.
9d46fdd4cf59320fb76f646e1501734b.jpg

Bow hoist by pineridge 30 ft

I use a Primos Bowsling and take it up with me when I climb up. Makes it comfy walking in and out too.

Primos makes a pull up rope that I found at K-mart for $3.00 that is 30 ft. long and has swivel clips at each end. I think the rope is 3/8 and does not twist or tangle. I use one on my climber.

I have a piece of nylon rope with a clip on every one of my stands. I tie it on the end of the stand and just wrap it around the stand when I'm carrying it in. I can also use it to pull the stand up into the tree when I'm setting the stand. When I'm hunting, I just coil it up as I'm pulling up my bow and either just lay it on the platform or hang it on a nearby branch. Learned this one from my dad. He's been doing it for longer than I've been alive and it works great for us.

Best thing you'll ever own! Not twisted ropes. No weather checked ropes! Just climb and as you pull your bow up the cord automatically goes away! Simplest thing in the world and under 15 dollars!!

Stocking stuffers boys!!

Allen Bow Hoist

allen-bow-gun-hoist-lg.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a piece of nylon rope with a clip on every one of my stands. I tie it on the end of the stand and just wrap it around the stand when I'm carrying it in. I can also use it to pull the stand up into the tree when I'm setting the stand. When I'm hunting, I just coil it up as I'm pulling up my bow and either just lay it on the platform or hang it on a nearby branch. Learned this one from my dad. He's been doing it for longer than I've been alive and it works great for us. </div></div>

I like that idea. 2 on each stand would allow for a bow to be dropped and then the stand as your breaking down a set. Great idea!

Most of the time if I'm breaking down right after a hunt, I'll lower my bow and then just sling the stand over my shoulder with the carry straps and climb down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best thing you'll ever own! Not twisted ropes. No weather checked ropes! Just climb and as you pull your bow up the cord automatically goes away! Simplest thing in the world and under 15 dollars!!

Stocking stuffers boys!!

Allen Bow Hoist

allen-bow-gun-hoist-lg.jpg
</div></div>

Looks like a neat little gadget but it also seems like something else to forget (not that I am forgetful or anything... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif )

I use heavy cords or parachute cord which doesn't seem to tangle to bad. My stands don't get moved so they are always there and I can't leave it at home or some dang fool thing... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I carry a 30 foot nylon dog leash. Stout enough for dragging deer if a person needs to! I snap the swivel on the frame of the arrow quiver and loop the "handle" end over my wrist as I climb up. Very few problems with tangling.

I added the Allen bow hoist to my Xmas wish list, though! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom