Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bringing the bow up into your stand

I also have a retractable reel the best thing i've ever used. Beleave me i have tried every way possible in the last forty years.

I pack all my gear in with an Eberlestock X1. I used the Liberty 1 this season and it fits right in the pack, along with the quiver. I don't have anything in my hands climbing up to or climbing down from the stand. It's all on my back.

I have been using the hunting hoist for years.... it works awesome... spring loaded reel that self winds the line as you pull up your bow... also works great with firearms... I use the belt clip model.... simple rope or cord may be cheaper, but tangles, etc. especially in the dark are just not worth the hassle... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

http://www.huntinhoist.com

Everything is in or strapped to a Badlands pack for me. I climb hands free, hang the pack on a hook, and get settled. It's fast and quiet. Not even a zipper noise if I place my release and range finder in my pants pocket before the hike in.

Dog leash for me...leave it in my side pocket, hook it on and climb up. Works awesome...used it for a long time. The thumb 'lock' works good so you don't have to do lower it hand over hand all the time.

On my fixed stands I keep a cord with a clip attached. This year I noticed on one of my stands that the cord had a small cut in it but didn't think it was enough to worry about. Wrong, one evening when lowering my bow down the cord broke and I watched my bow fall about 14' to the ground. Luckily no damage was done but it was pretty sickening to see it happen. On my climber I use a retractable dog leash like this one- dog leash

Top Bottom