Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bringing Them In

kam582

A question for you guys. Does anyone ever use a salt or mineral block after the season is over to bring deer into your trail cam, or does everyone use corn and other feed. I've been thinking about a salt block, unless there is a good reason not to use one.

Mineral is all I use. IMO deer don't start hitting licks heavy though until spring so the feed can be used during the stretch from winter to spring to fill the gap. Also, some guys may just be trying to supplement diet during the lean time I'd guess, with pics being a side bonus of it.

This time of the year, corn. I checked two of my mineral/salt locations yesterday and neither were being touched. It won't be long though and that works great for bringing them in to your spring and summer trail cams.

I have been using corn so far this year and its great for the winter months. I dont uasully put my minerals or salt out till spring and summer. The deer just go crazy when I put it out then. The mineral and salt help with antler growth because in the spring and summer the days are longer wich makes the deer give off a hormone, so alot of minerals and protein go to there antlers at a fast rate because thats what antlers are mostly made of, so thats why I put it out in the spring and summer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killer buck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been using corn so far this year and its great for the winter months. I dont uasully put my minerals or salt out till spring and summer. The deer just go crazy when I put it out then. The mineral and salt help with antler growth because in the spring and summer the days are longer wich makes the deer give off a hormone, so alot of minerals and protein go to there antlers at a fast rate because thats what antlers are mostly made of, so thats why I put it out in the spring and summer. </div></div>

Along with nutrients for does during the late stages of pregnancy and all throughout milk development.

Top Bottom