Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Brisk out...venison time.

Good luck Daver. Great night to be out. Assuming you have the Muzz?
Yes, muzzy. Didn't even bring the bow out. All I have seen so far are a couple of turkeys and a doe and her two fawns. Well...here comes another doe.

Should start moving more soon.

Yes, muzzy. Didn't even bring the bow out. All I have seen so far are a couple of turkeys and a doe and her two fawns. Well...here comes another doe.

Should start moving more soon.
woah woah woah!!!!! Turkeys, you alwayssay nearly all your turks are gone?

haha just kidding, glad you are seeing some. I have seen some flocks around this weekend too in a couple spots that they have seen to be disapperaing from so it was good to see a couple good groups.

Hope a nice buck steps out for you.

woah woah woah!!!!! Turkeys, you alwayssay nearly all your turks are gone?

haha just kidding, glad you are seeing some. I have seen some flocks around this weekend too in a couple spots that they have seen to be disapperaing from so it was good to see a couple good groups.

Hope a nice buck steps out for you.
Ha! You got me. But technically...I never ALL of the turkeys are gone...just 85% of them. But for real...we have seen more evidence of a good hatch this year than at any point in the past 10 years, us and neighbors too! So hopefully we are seeing a little bounce back!! :)

I did shoot a buck tonight after all. I passed several does and fawns, one of which was TINY, I doubt it survives any type of a winter. Then, right about sundown, here came the bucks. I saw at least 8 different ones, one nice one that I passed since I would rather one of us get him with archery tackle, perhaps even next year, although his mass looked pretty good and tempting. I passed a real little guy, a decent potential 3 year old, one I never could get a clear read on age wise and then I did what I intended to do with this tag...I took out an average racked, nice body sized 3 year old.

BOOM! DRT! Just the way I like to do it. :) Drove the truck and trailer right next to him, drug him up on the trailer and skedaddled.

Congrats on the buck! Unfortunately, I can not get out and enjoy this cold front. Wifey is out of town for work so I’m a single dad till Thursday. Just in time to catch the 70° temps! Lol!

Ha! You got me. But technically...I never ALL of the turkeys are gone...just 85% of them. But for real...we have seen more evidence of a good hatch this year than at any point in the past 10 years, us and neighbors too! So hopefully we are seeing a little bounce back!! :)

I did shoot a buck tonight after all. I passed several does and fawns, one of which was TINY, I doubt it survives any type of a winter. Then, right about sundown, here came the bucks. I saw at least 8 different ones, one nice one that I passed since I would rather one of us get him with archery tackle, perhaps even next year, although his mass looked pretty good and tempting. I passed a real little guy, a decent potential 3 year old, one I never could get a clear read on age wise and then I did what I intended to do with this tag...I took out an average racked, nice body sized 3 year old.

BOOM! DRT! Just the way I like to do it. :) Drove the truck and trailer right next to him, drug him up on the trailer and skedaddled.
Let's set it! I've been wondering myself if I should change my strategy to culling a few bucks at 3 when they are easier to kill.

Top Bottom