Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadcast Spreader....

droptine37

Life Member
I am in the market for a 3 pt broadcast spreader for my tractor. I have did some research and I think I have it narrowed down. Anyways, has anyone had any experience broadcast spreading nwsg seed from broadcast spreaders? If so, how did it work for you? Also, I have read a few places that nwsg seed doesn't work real good out of just any broadcast spreader but I have yet to hear of any recommendations for the type of spreaders that work well. I plan on using the spreader to establish a nwsg stand on about 35 acres and after seeding I will be using the spreader for annual fertilizer applications on some food plots. I was hoping I could find a spreader that would work well for both chores. Thanks

I have a 3 pt spreader I just bought from TSC. It worked really great for oats. I am sure it will work great for anything BUT I'm a little nervous on NWSG's. I guess I'm not answering your question because I have not tried it. For broadcasting NWSG's, I think I am going to buy a Truax Seed Slinger. It's a hand-held that will in fact work with NWSG's. Maybe someone on here has tried the 3 pt spreader with NWSG's?

I have used mine for oats, alfalfa, and switchgrass with success.I'm not sure how well it would work for a mix, be kind of hard to set the seed door to work evenly for all seeds.

Top Bottom