Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadhead ?

RichardM

Its time to go to cabelas again and get some broadheads my ? is if you had to choose one what would you use. Last year i shot rage 2 blade and liked the hole they make but they seemed to open up when i pulled them out of the quiver then im trying to close it and hope it stays close when i shoot. I am thinking about trying tru-fire swithblade dont know whats your 2cents ?

Thunderheads 100grain!!! Iv never had back luck with them. iv had complete pass throughs every time iv shot them. Thats my opinion.

Still love my rage... If it wasn't for them the button I shot in the hams would have gotten away, rage tore him apart from the inside out.

Rage make me nervous. It's not really the issue of whether or not they SHOULD make me nervous BUT now that I am un-easy, can't shoot them anymore- did it last year and all came open like you said AND all the rubber bands cracked without even using them. I am the last person who will tolerate any bit of nervousness!

The ONLY reason i went with Rage is my fixed blades did not cut big enough holes (if for some reason you didn't hit deer perfect I wanted massive holes) AND did not leave good enough blood trails which obviously is not an issue if you hit deer perfect (which I 99% of the time do). BUT to counter the smaller holes I have just purchased Muzzy MX3's with 1&1/4" diameter (not a Rage BUT at least a bit bigger than regular fixed) and I won't be nervous about some mechanical failure or heads pre-maturly opening like Rage.

muzzy mx3 rock, and they don`t cost as much. they worked great last year for me. big hole, lot`s of blood !

iast year i used ultimate steel rockets,really small 7/8 cutting
width but never lost a deer,this year i bought redhead black out
same as g5 stryker just a little cheaper they have 1 1/16 cut.i
was told they were good.

I actually GAVE them all away- 5 three packs, blades and rings. Ok, it was to my brothers that still shoot them. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Hope they get some good use!
Crash, glad to hear the feedback!

I switched to Slick Tricks 2 years ago, and they have been great. Big holes, fly great, and awesome blood trails. Im shooting the standards, 1" cut, and they leave holes like a 10 guage.

I guess I don't know what you guys mean by the rages opening up when you take them out of your quiver??? Are you using your quivers with the foam still installed? First thing I did when I started using expandables was to get rid of the foam and use a quiver that has two holding points for the arrow - like the Alpine 5 Arrow Quiver. With two holding points there's no need for the foam /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif.

Willie,
Amazing thing is that is says to do that in the directions that come with the Alpine quiver /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Expandables, all I use is the $10 for 3 from wal-mart made by Allen, they do just as good of a job as a rage from what I field tested last year plus my favorite WAY CHEAPER.

Sounds like you want to stay the expandable route, so you might want to try Nap Spitfires. Good luck, buy a pack of 3 different kinds and start shooting does, then find the one that you like the best.

Top Bottom