Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

broadheads for turkeys

U

ultra 2

What kind of broadhead does everyone use. I'm thinking of going with the rocky snyper broadhead. I have killed two turkeys with spitfires but also lost a couple. Any suggestions would be helpfull. The attachment is a picture a the turkey I took in Texas last season. I got two with my gun and one with my bow. You can get up to four down in Texas.

Attachments

• 24184-Texas 2002 022.jpg
    24184-Texas 2002 022.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 22
Big fan of the JakHammers. They make nasty holes...
grin.gif

Muzzy Man myself (go figure eh Limb) with an adder point behind it. This year I'm going to try a Rocket Steelhead. The Jakhammers are good but I've not heard much for the Snypers. In my opinion I woulndn't use them cuz they open up differently than most mechanicals. The blades won't be forced open on impace like the Spitfires, Rockets, & Wasps. They may work OK, but I think the aforementioned 4 may be a better choice. I'm a big fan of knocking the poop outta a bird, and when the impact forces the blades to open it just adds to the shock power. My Muzzy with the adder shock blades got tore outta my first bird when he flopped, it left a 2.5-3 inch hole when it was all said and done. He went 4 feet.

A buddy of mine gave me a bunch of the first cut exp mag100s made by game tracker. I guess I will see what they will do on the ol longbeards. They fly great at the target...
Shredder

The last 5 I've taken have been with Rocket Steelheads, the same thing I use on whitetail and other big game. I think shot placement is very important for a fast kill on gobblers. It is much easier to shoot too low than too high.

Top Bottom