Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadheads

There are thousands of posts on this topic. See my thread posted this year in this forum... "Confessions of a Broadhead Junkie"

I've shot muzzy's. There really isn't anything wrong with them. If you can get any broadhead to fly well and put it in the right spot, all will do the job. Most guys tend to shy away from them sometimes because the blades are not very strong compared to many others. Every deer I've shot with them has broken blades or bent them very badly. Still recovered the deer but just the thought of what if... Just my .02

I only shoot Muzzy never really had them fall apart on me, but thinking about trying rages or swackers because of the cutting diameter.

I like rage 2 blade but I have learned that if you hit a rib or the spine that rage is not going to be able to used again. It's gone after that one shot to the bone.

Last edited:
I switched a few years ago to two blade rage. I will never switch. They have always worked perfect and the blood trail is amazing.

I switched from rages to the g5 t3's. Main and only reason other then being made out of steel is the ease of blade changing. I can't get the dang blades out of a rage since they switched to that knurled pin.

James-give the slick trick line a look. 4 blade replacement head and are an excellent choice. Muzzy is a solid company, but the tricks have an additional blade, solid steel ferrule and the ease of replacement is simple. Great flight as well.

Watched my sister inlaw blow through a decent 8 pt from 25 yards pulling back 35lbs and shooting g5 Montecs...its hard to argue with that.

Top Bottom