Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadheads

jamesfry

There are many great broadgeads out on the market today but im still looking for mine. Ill be pulling 55 this fall and im looking at expandables but i have no exp with them any thoughts.

indiana bow hunter

Ulmer edge is a new design I really like. 1.5" cut 2 blade. Rear deploying, less cut for better penetration, rubber band so no pre-deployment. Made by trophy taker. For your set-up one to look at.

If you're locked into an expandable I'd look for 2 bladed ones as you're shooting 55 pounds. In my opinion you will probably get better penetration with a solid fixed blade.

Swhackers are great expendables. They are 2 blade and get the job done. My girlfriend is only pulling 45-50 # abduction she hasn't had bad penetration on her 2 deer with them. She watched them both go down in sight.

I like the look of NAP Bloodrunners. I don't have any experience with them, but I hear a lot of good things about them and they still cut if deployment fails. I shoot NAP HellRazors, but they're fixed blade. With 55 pound pull, I would definitely go with a head that still cuts even if the blades fail to deploy. Personally , I hate mechanicals. I've never had a good experience with them, especially the Rage. This being said, I will also tell you that if you do end up getting mechanicals, don't try to find a hard core bargain because a cheap mechanical will be the worst head you will ever buy. It's this way with virtually all broadheads, but especially for mechanicals. Good luck!!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
jamesfry said:
There are many great broadgeads out on the market today but im still looking for mine. Ill be pulling 55 this fall and im looking at expandables but i have no exp with them any thoughts.

indiana bow hunter

My advice would be to go to your local pro shop and ask to shoot the practice tips first most pro shops have a drawer full of them but I shoot at 62lbs and get complete pass throughs with the rage 2 blade however this last season idk call it a fluke but I had one not open on a doe leaving dime sized drops of blood leading to an unsuccessful recovery I reviewed my footage and the shot great no deer tho but you have to try different broad heads see which ones have good chemistry with your bow

Top Bottom