Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadheads

Lwadzie

Lwadzie
I know this subject and broadheads arguments comes up every once in a while but I wanna know what everyones favorite broadhead and brand is, pros and cons. Im not sure what to buy, heard of alot of good ones and alot of bad ones. I just wanna hear your opinion

Like you said, Lots of good heads out there. I personally like Muzzy3 Blades or MX3. Also I like G5 Striker and Montec! I PERSONALLY shoot fixed 3 blades because in my experience zero to little tuning is needed if you line blades up with fletchings, JMO! Dont trust mechanicals!

just when i thought RAGE were the best thing since yer first peice of ass, they let me down.old dependable ,muzzy ,mx-3!

This being only my second year bowhunting I may not be much help but I have shot 3 deer and found 3 deer with NAP 3 blade bloodrunners. Made for fairly quick recoverys, could just be because Im a dead eye tho. ;)

Yep, I second the slick tricks

Me Three!!!!!!! I use the magnums! Have killed deer and turkey with them!! They fly and kill just fine! Don't have to worry about if they will open, don't have to take a hour replacing blades!!!!!!!:way::way: Customer service is #1 !!!! :drink2:

I'm shooting magnus buzz cuts this year. They fly fantastic for a fixed blade. And a sweet part of the company is they are made in the US and have a lifetime guarantee! I already sent two back a couple weeks ago and about 5 days later got two brand new ones in the mail, only thing I paid for was my shipment to them! Can't beat that!

i have used, and highly recommend, rage (2 blade) for 4 seasons now and i wont change... I put a friend on a buck on thanksgiving day and he was shooting the 3 blade rage.. shot was a little too far back and low, and the blades didnt open up properly, and we ended up not recovering the animal after giving him plenty of time and several hours of tracking. Had they deployed we possibly would have found him in short order. but that is why i dont shoot the 3 blade just in fear that more moving parts means more chance for failure. BUT i have never had a 2 blade fail me yet and ive shot 10 deer in 4 years with them- none have gone more than 100 yards, even on a questionable shot.

Montec G5 100 gr.... I have killed 14 deer in 3 years with them... Started shooting Wasp Boss 3 blade, fly great, no deer killed with them yet though..hard to get away from what I know work

Me Three!!!!!!! I use the magnums! Have killed deer and turkey with them!! They fly and kill just fine! Don't have to worry about if they will open, don't have to take a hour replacing blades!!!!!!!:way::way: Customer service is #1 !!!! :drink2:
Me four! These heads are a great value @$25/3 and a 1 1/8" OD 4-blade does just as much damage as a wide 2-blade IMO. 10+ deer and I have never had a blade bend, but if you hit bone the edge may be damaged beyond sharpening. No tools required to replace the blades.

The only time I had to replace a blade on my tricks is when my arrow went in and blew through the shoulder on the way out. Even then only one blade broke out of 4. And the tip was still just as sharp as it was when it came out of the package.

G5 Strikers! But lately i have been buying the Bass Pro version (blackouts) because they are $20 for 3. And replacement blades are $12.99. Hard to beat that

After this season I am now a Swhacker fan (not Packer, Swhacker). My buddy and I got set in to fill some Doe tags we had; long story short we filled the tags one after another. He shot his first then I got mine. My shot was high left to low right double lung. She only went about 25-30 yards. Both lungs were shredded with a gaping exit. His shot was pretty far back (don't switch up arrows right before you go out) we had little hope of finding the deer after we saw the arrow. I began tracking too early and ended up pushing her. We let her sit for a few hours and came back out. We found her only 40 yards from where I pushed her. This was a big Doe, there wasn't a ton of blood due to the shot but there was enough damage to put it down. It turned out to be a very fun hunt with us both surrounded by deer. Hope this helps.

another vote for slick tricks! Awesome broadhead, leave a hell of a hole. Both deer this year just fell over. Shot Rage before, nothing but issues.

I usually buy what flies best out of my bow. Most heads will do a great job when a good shot is made. With that being said, Grim Reapers and Slick Tricks have been the best for me. Muzzys are a great all around head also but I sometimes have trouble getting a consistent pattern out of them.

I'm cheap. Two of three deer taken with Wasp Bullets this year:
PC220005_zpsbfaa2dd3.jpg

Top Bottom