Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadleaves in my Food Plot- Need advice

IowaDave

PMA Member
I did a quick search and didn't immediately find what I'm looking for. But I'm busy at work and need some help soon so I can pick up what I need (if available) before the weekend, so forgive me if this has already been covered somewhere.

I have a 1/3 acre foodplot mix with 2 kinds of rape, crimson clover & 2 kinds of turnips in it that I planted about 2 weeks ago. It's in a semi-remote place and I've been busy with ball games so I haven't checked it until yesterday.
It's coming in great, but I've got a broadleaf problem I need to address soon. I've got pigweeds, lambsquarter, nightshade and button weeds coming in (other than that, it's pretty clean..lol!)
Anyway, the searches I've found say betamix might work, but no one around here has it. Any other suggestions?
If all else fails, should I go out with the weed eater and trim them down? It's surrounded by crops so getting in with a mower isn't an option.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

when are they going to come out with round-up ready brassicas..... that's what i want to know... :( ive got a little broadleaf problem also, but it's not too bad... most of mine was grass and i just sprayed it with some select max 2 days ago

when are they going to come out with round-up ready brassicas..... that's what i want to know... :( ive got a little broadleaf problem also, but it's not too bad... most of mine was grass and i just sprayed it with some select max 2 days ago

Unless it can be put into an everyday production type crop, very doubtfull that you will see a RR brassica. It cost about 26 million a day, to develop, research and come up with a hybrid to accept the gene into, so unless we start losing corn acres to brassica's, it's probably won't happen, but I do agree, it would be awesome if there was one!!

Top Bottom