Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

broahead problems

bigbukfevr

hey guys, been using the same NAP xp pro series 3 blade expandables for three years now and have had awesome luck. here is my prob, last year either i didnt practice with the heads, or something else is the problem. a couple days ago i was shootin my field points and everything is perfect, i decided to shoot one of the heads, and at 20 yds they consistantly drop almost 6 inches. wow thats horrible. the only thing i can think of is, when i started with these heads, i still had the factory 4in vanes on my gold tip arrows and they flew great. last year before bow season i put 2 in blazers on. i guess i didnt shoot the heads after that. last year i shot my buck at like 6 yds so the rediculous drop wasnt an issue. is it the blazers not workin with the heads or is it something else?? tell me what think!

What kind of rest are you using? You could have a very slight clearance problem. I shot Blazers the past two years with a drop-a-way, and kept getting a slight amount of contact that I just couldn't correct, so I went back to 4" vanes this year. No contact anymore, and better groups.
If it's not a contact issue, then I'm not sure what could cause it, b/c Blazers are know to do a good job of helping stabilize broadheads, and I would think you should have no problem with a mechanical.

im usin a ripcord drop away rest. i do think there is alittle contact, but it makes a nice paper tear. i use the blazers with my target arrows as well, target arrows are the same thing as my hunting arrows minus the broadhead and they work great. ?????

Top Bottom