Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

broken sight

deerhunter93

The fiber on my current sight broke and I tried to fix it but there is no way so im looking to get a new one. I was wondering what you guys use and like. Fixed vs. moveable? How are the HHA moveable sights?

Thanks!

I just picked up the apex gear 4-pin micro adjustable sight. I really like it. The bottom two pins are ridiculously small like .010" or something like that. I really like those smaller pins for the longer distances. Only complaint is that all of the pins are green so it makes me slightly nervous that I might pick the wrong pin or something but I don't know if that would be such an issue when 2 of the pins are way smaller so there is some difference in the pins.

Sword Accu-site .019 for 20 and 30 yard pins, .010 for the rest. They build to your order specs. Including pin color and size. :way:

apex3rdplane.jpg

Love it.

http://www.swordacu-site.com/products.html

Spott-Hogg all the way, they're bomb proof. I had the "Real Deal" for a few years and sold it to The Heart Surgeon. I now have the Hogg It with wrapped pins. I had mine custom done by a dude on Archery Talk so I had the pin colors that worked best for my eyes. I also had the top two pins larger diameter than the bottom three for easier long distance aiming. Anyway, it wasn't cheap by any means but it's been through a lot of abuse and I've never had to adjust my sights after the initial sighting in.

Last edited:
I use a 5 pin toxonics wrapped sight, super bright and the fiberoptics are metal backed so they have less of a chance of breaking.

If you shoot alot of 3d then I would probably go with a 1pin movable. But if your like me, my priority list is hunting then 3d. I would stick to a multipin sight. I dont like having to take my release off the string to readjust my sight, then if the deer changes course you have to adjust again and again and again. Thats kinda of a pain.

Montana Black Gold makes a good durable sights that are BRIGHT. Which is the sight I have currently.

The next sight I get will be a Spott Hogg. Not entirely sure which one, but thats the direction Im going now. I have also heard good things about Toxonics sights and CopperJohns.

I will 2nd DOR's opinion. I bought an Sword last year and really like the sight. They are a smaller company but make a great product and you are taken care of like a person with them! Sight is very solid made out of all aluminum

I will 2nd DOR's opinion. I bought an Sword last year and really like the sight. They are a smaller company but make a great product and you are taken care of like a person with them! Sight is very solid made out of all aluminum
Very durable. A "poor mans" Spott Hogg.

I have a toxonics, that's what broke. Mine is a couple years old though and doesn't have the metal backing behind the pin so I think a stick got between them and snapped it. I like the sight I was just thinking about trying something new.

Top Bottom