Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Brother and i both scored!!!! (Pictures added)

Nebraska_hunter

well it wasnt such a bad day. I got up in my stand at around 6:20. But I hit my scope when i got in the stand
mad.gif
It was off a foot to the left and 6 inches high
mad.gif
mad.gif
. Well it was about 7:00 when i looked to my left and saw a but 10 point on the road. (Back road used to be for dump trucks) I looked in the scope and i was guessing he was about 250-300 yards away. I aimed and fired. He just stood their. Im thinking WTH. Shot again and he ran off. Wasnt sure if i got him or not so i walked throught 2 rivers to check it out. I didnt see any blood so he's safe till next year.
smirk.gif
Got back in the stand and i was bumed. At around 9 i saw a doe trotting in the thick trees. Got my gun ready incase their was a buck behind her. Well i waited for about 5 min and didnt see anything. Put my gun down and was looking in the Bonoc's. A little spike poped out and followd the trail. (Thought to my self "Well its not so bad atleast im seeing deer. Saw a couple does come in and out of the tree's but no buck. At around 10:50 i say horns come out of the tree line and it was following the trail. The walked into the buches and checked his scrapes. Then he walked over the ridge and into the tall grass. Then about 10 minutes later a small 5 came out and was walking the tail the doe walked on. Then the deer walked out of the thick weeds into the little sand bank that was about 100 yards out. I fired and he just stood their. Yet again im thinking WTH. He walked off. About 5 minutes later he walked up ontop of a burm. I shot and he dropped dead in his tracks. I called my dad and told him i got one. I then got out of the stand and crossed the slew again
smirk.gif
and walked up to him. i checked him out and i was supprised i even hit him. I shot right infront of his back leg! I was pretty happy that i got him. Even thought their was a bigger one out their ill keep this one.
grin.gif

As for my brother. He was hunting in the stand i have bow hunted in the past week. He got in the stand at about 6:30 and sat their. He said he saw 9 does. At around 9:00 he was facing twords the fence. He heard something under him. He turned around and saw a wide 8 ( The deer i saw 2 days ago) The deer cought him completely off guard. Adam grabed his gun and the buck darted off. But The buck turned around to see what was really going on. My brother shot and the deer ran off. I dont know the rest but my dad called me and said he got a wide 8. When i talked to my dad he said the he blew the top of the heart off.
grin.gif
Not a bac first morning off rifle season. Now all my dad has to do is shoot one.
grin.gif
Every year we have a contest about who gets the bigger deer. Well i have to say he won this year.
smirk.gif
Now its 2 me and 1 him. But next year ill bring the score up to 3.
laugh.gif
Well i thought i would share my stories with you. And hopefully i can get the guy to e-mail me the pictures we took of the deer.

Re: Brother and i both scored!!!!

Congrats Logan, you sound excited.
grin.gif
Got any pics of your deer?
grin.gif

I took the pictures on a friend. I just called him and he said he would sent them. So if i get them ill post them tonight.

Here they are. They are not very big by any means but it still puts a smile on my face when i look at the pic. My brother is on the left. (Long Hair) And im on the right.
000_0003.jpg
000_0004.jpg

Great pics Logan and again congrats to you and your brother.
grin.gif

Top Bottom