Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Brother's Bird

MuzzHunter

On a 20ft High
This bird was a well known bird by my dad's buddy, he had watched him for about a month coming out in the neighbors pasture strutting around almost every other day. On saturday my dad's buddy and my brother, Bronson headed out to their spot to sit, and on the way in Bronson spotted this turkey up in the tree, and they walked right under him to get to their setup. About 5 minutes later he started to gobble, then awhile later he flew down and was strutting and gobbling up and down the fence line, but they couldn't get him to commit. They didn't get him that morning. Then while we were up at the house making some lunch we spotted a hen down by the pond, and right behind her came the tom. The hen didn't like something so they headed towards the woods. We sat around awhile and were just getting ready to head out when Bronson spotted the tom out in the neighbors, so he got his stuff and headed down to the area where the bird was roosted that morning hoping he'd come back that night. After sitting awhile Bronson got his first glimpse of the bird down the fence from him. As luck would have it about an hour and a half later Bronson spots him again and he's coming right towards him. The bird gets about 20 yards and my brother takes the shot and misses, then shoots again and misses, the birds out about 50 yds now and on his third shot he smoked him. He's was a pretty happy hunter.

Beard: 11 1/2 in.
Spurs: 1 3/8 in.
Weight: 25 3/4 lbs.

3570Bron_Bird-med.jpg

Spurs
3570Bron_Bird_2.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics, by the time I got out of the woods it was too late to take good pictures. I'll get better ones when we get him back from the taxidermist.

Nice job Bronson, you're doing better than a cousin up in NE Iowa from the looks of things!

third times a charm!!!
sounds like my season, except i dont make shots past 30 yards...
awsome bird!!!!
Congrats

Congrats Bronson!! Looks like a good one to me, a store bought turkey is looking good to me right now though
blush.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom