Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bruce Braley Insults Iowa Farmers

We have already established qualifications required.
Do you think Grassley has advisors on the SJC? Who are they? I didn't elect them. I have no say then, in who is really representing me.

No you/we did not elect his staff or the joint chefs of staff or the secretaries of State, Defense, Agriculture, and on and on. All those people are appointed by the people we elect.
This has turned into a silly argument. You know everything I just said.
If a president with no military experience can become the Commander and Chief, which I don't have a problem with, then a Farmer can head the Judiciary committee.

No you/we did not elect his staff or the joint chefs of staff or the secretaries of State, Defense, Agriculture, and on and on. All those people are appointed by the people we elect.
This has turned into a silly argument. You know everything I just said.
If a president with no military experience can become the Commander and Chief, which I don't have a problem with, then a Farmer can head the Judiciary committee.

I beg to differ. What does a farmer know of the legalities of constitutional law? Might this be why the NSA can monitor everything we do? Is this why we have the Patriot Act and Gitmo?
If a farmer says we need to look more closely at Ag practices and water quality, I'll listen. If a farmer says its OK to read my emails...I have a problem with that.

And who does the judiciary committee answer to? Is there a system of checks and balances for the decisions made by lobbyists advising that committee? I think not.
To the OP: I do not approve of Bruce Braley or the way he conducts business. I won't support him. But he does make a valid point.

And who does the judiciary committee answer to? Is there a system of checks and balances for the decisions made by lobbyists advising that committee? I think not.
To the OP: I do not approve of Bruce Braley or the way he conducts business. I won't support him. But he does make a valid point.

Who does the Judiciary Committee answer to? Are you serious? I don't want to insult your intelligence.
Just waiting for OT in the hockey game.

"a farmer from Iowa"(Chuck Grassley)
we "dumb" farmers also drive the economy in iowa. Proves what an idiot Braley is.

Braley showed poor judgment and exposed his weak character by phrasing the statement that way. It is for those reasons I don't think he is the kind of person I want to represent Iowans.
I knew I could count on you in supporting Sen. Ernst...thanks iabwhntr!!!

Corruption

These days, all politicians are corrupt and looking to vote on behalf of their sugar daddy supporters. :(

I knew I could count on you in supporting Sen. Ernst...thanks iabwhntr!!!

Well, I did some checking. Doesn't look to good for her to get my support either. At first I liked what I saw but there is more that I don't like about her. Especially the fact that she had over 100 no-excuse missed votes during her time in the Iowa senate. And she would have voted against the clean water act and the US farm bill.

I beg to differ. What does a farmer know of the legalities of constitutional law? Might this be why the NSA can monitor everything we do? Is this why we have the Patriot Act and Gitmo?
If a farmer says we need to look more closely at Ag practices and water quality, I'll listen. If a farmer says its OK to read my emails...I have a problem with that.

Why do you have a problem with the NSA reading your emails or monitoring your phone calls? What do you have to hide? Why would you be against these things if you know you have nothing to hide and it could potentially save many Americans from another terrorist attack?
Would you rather hire the non formally educated, learned the trade on the job plumber with twenty five years of experience or the twenty one year old just out of tech school to complete your plumbing work?

Why do you have a problem with the NSA reading your emails or monitoring your phone calls? What do you have to hide? Why would you be against these things if you know you have nothing to hide and it could potentially save many Americans from another terrorist attack?
Would you rather hire the non formally educated, learned the trade on the job plumber with twenty five years of experience or the twenty one year old just out of tech school to complete your plumbing work?

Its not about hiding anything. Its about maintaining our freedoms and rights. Your argument/ logic is corrupt.

Using your argument, you had better surrender all of your guns. They might be stolen and used to kill children. Or don't you care about kids?

See what I mean?

http://m.washingtonpost.com/world/n...a860aa-77dd-11e3-8963-b4b654bcc9b2_story.html

Spying on US citizens doesn't stop terrorist attacks.
Do you bother to research anything or do you just regurgitate what you've been fed by biased news groups?

Last edited:
Top Bottom