Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BTD... Big Tom Down!

deerhunter93

After debating all week to hunt second or third season I made my decision last night to hunt second. My dad and I got set up this morning around the time we wanted to and just waited for the gobbling to start. Soon after a lone gobbler gobbled a couple times way off then others started to chime in. They were gobbling a lot but nothing was close. We just stayed tight and waited. Later I heard something and got my gun from off my lap. About a minute later a gobble blasted off from less than 50 yards away, it still caught us off guard. My heart was pounding. I couldn’t see him but he gobbled probably eight more times in the same spot. So now im wondering, does he see the decoy? Is he not going to come in? What happened? Then he gobbled again and it was closer, i now know he is coming in. I could now hear him spitting and drumming but still couldn’t see him. Then he popped out on my left and i could see there were two toms. After watching them come in for all of five seconds I let the first on have it! He dropped and hardly flopped. 7:07 am and my hunt was over. It was an awesome morning. My dad is awesome and i love spending time like this together. Having him with it great because we get to enjoy something we both love and its time well spent together. This was definitely my biggest bird yet (out of five)

26 lbs 5 ounces
Both spurs right at an inch
And TWO beards! Longest is 11 inches and the other is 8.25 inches

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

He's a beast! Great work man, congrats. It's also refreshing to see your appreciation for time spent with family. You're wise beyond your years to make the most of these moments while you can. :way:

Congrats young man!!

He's a beast! Great work man, congrats. It's also refreshing to see your appreciation for time spent with family. You're wise beyond your years to make the most of these moments while you can. :way:

I agree with Iowabowtech, nice going!!

Thanks for all of the comments, it was a very fun morning. Now my focus is on getting my younger brother his first turkey during fourth season.

That is Awesome! I went 1st season and got my second multiple bearded turkey. this one was 25.2 lbs 1 inch spurs 9 1/2 inch beard and second was 6 inches.

Again, Congrats on a beautiful bird and great pics!

Top Bottom