Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck HOLDING?! You have to look at this! 3/28/11

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

TheMadCatter

Just pulled this card and I was expecting does/shed bucks. But you won't believe what I found! No wonder I couldn't find this guys sheds! This is 100% LEGIT! 3 BUCKS WOW and I'm still looking through my pictures!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks like I'm going to be shed hunting in April insted of Turkey hunting :way:

Couple years back I saw a buck holding both sides in the same field, same time as a buck with velvet nubs. It's probably more common than you think to have them holding into April but kind of crazy there are that many. Great pics, thanks for sharing!

I had a 130" with both sides on April 13th last year. Not sure when he finally shed, but that was the last picture I had of him, and I moved the camera after getting that picture. Anything still holding now is rare for sure.

I hope they shed on this place :D otherwise I have to look around more.

EDIT: found another picture of a buck! I'll post it after I'm done eating.

Last edited:
how rare is this cause i shed hunted a huge farm and only picked up a few sheds from this year but like 15 sheds from last year and i know this timber holds deer so maybe there are some more laying out there makes a guy think

I was suprised to find these bucks! I'm pretty sure our neighbour found the dink sheds he was out this morning and that's where the bucks/does go more often. I might find a few sheds in April on our place. I also like that 8 point...hope he grows some more this year.

I have video footage of three bucks still packing during the second day of Iowa's First season..... It happens

It's not uncommon for bucks to hang on to their horns through the middle of April. I have pics from different years with bucks holding in April. I believe it is a good sign the bucks aren't stressed. For some reason it's usually the mature bucks still holding.

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom