Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck in a Tree Larger Photos

jeezticals

Next Year
A friend of mine found this while shed hunting north of Clarinda. I've drawn my conclusion.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
That's crazy! wish they were bigger pics.. someone either threw it over the branch or it tried jumping it and broke its back?

Neat picture. Looks like a nice buck. I hung one up in a tree like that once to clean him up a little better before I cam back for the rack. Never did though.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Bobcats and mountain lions bury or cover their prey, neither one take them up in trees. Unless you have a leopard running around, somebody hung it there.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
What leopards in Iowa now too......alert the press :)

-}}}---------->

Well I wasn't going to say anything, but that pic gives away the whole story, so here goes...

I have a friend of a friend that shot a leopard this year and he found a DNR tag on it!:eek: So it seems as though the DNR may be importing them! Trust me on this. :D

Well I wasn't going to say anything, but that pic gives away the whole story, so here goes...

I have a friend of a friend that shot a leopard this year and he found a DNR tag on it!:eek: So it seems as though the DNR may be importing them! Trust me on this. :D

And they stock them at night using black helicopters. The big cats also have microchip tracking devices implanted in their heads. It's true!!! A friends, brothers,best friend, knew a guy whose sister in law told him.:D

I saw a big black cat once, not a house cat bigger than a bobcat about the same size as a mountain lion but solid black with a huge tail.

implants not a joke

And they stock them at night using black helicopters. The big cats also have microchip tracking devices implanted in their heads. It's true!!! A friends, brothers,best friend, knew a guy whose sister in law told him.:D

I personally know a guy who implants baby bobcats with a miniature transmitter inside their abdominal cavity so they can track them the first year of their life.

http://www.telonics.com/products/vhfImplants/

So the next time you whack a leopard in Iowa you might look for the implant!:D

Looks like you have yourself a full body Euro mount.. Grab a chunk of that limb and mount it on the wall above your sofa and throw him over it.. Talk about your conversation starter...

I have had several members ask me to post larger photos of Jezzticals pic’s, so here they are.

It is my understanding that the tree limb that the skeleton is hanging from is at eye level to a 5’10”-6’ foot person.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That actually looks like a pretty nice buck (at least to me). I'm guessing it was picked through before it was put on the tree. Since it's basically 'human height' I am wondering if it wasn't hung by someone who thought it would be easier to see if it were hanging by the person who may have shot it. Or, it was hung & skinned/deboned. Either way, it'll likely remain a mystery.

Top Bottom