Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck Movement

iKill_Bucks

Just curious to hear what other guys have been seeing. The only shooter bucks I've seen have been out during the night. I'm surrounded by corn for the most part, but the farmer is pickin one field as I type. I'm hoping things start to pick up when the corn starts to disappear. Any of you having the same problem?

Had a nice 8 at 10 yards Saturday evening. He wasn't really interested in the does more interested in tearing up the 3 scrapes that are started. Just couldn't shoot him this early in the game.

Picking all the corn will certainly help- it's like going from your entire house to hide in down to your living room. Just need them to change from nocturnal - soon!:)

Yeah I have seen numerous forks around. One fork chased 3 does down passed me, but that's the most action so far. Might give my stand a break until the corn comes out hopefully around Halloween

Shot a 10pt on 10/12. He followed 5 does into a hay field and was pushing them around. On 10/19 4 small bucks (4pt was the largest) were sparring in a field. I wanted to shoot a spike that was with them to fill an antlerless tag. I gave a few light rattles. They didn't care but 2 decent 8pts walked out of the timber behind me to see what was up.

Saw 3 bucks last night right at the end of shooting light.. Two were shooters 160" 10 pt, 130" 8pt, then a dandy 3.5 year old that was a 140" 10pt

I saw three nice ones last evening as well. The largest being around 150. Two in the beans, one in a pasture. They didn't look to be interested in feeding so much, so I wonder if they are starting to sniff around a little. At the time there was about an hour of shooting light left.

Bucks on cameras have mostly been at night, dawn, or dusk. Not much mid day. Bucks I've seen while hunting have been at dusk or around 5:30pm in a hay field or food plot. Haven't hunted standing corn or beans this year.

Top Bottom