Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck movenet

I

IowaBuckSlayer2013

Buck movement

I'm not sure if it's just me but today was the first time I have seen one buck already doe'ed up with does and chasing them. Wondering if this cold spell is playing a part after the record breaking Temps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Matt...rut, or no rut, activity...I suspect Friday will be a good day to be in the woods.

I had my number one buck at 45 yards last night. He was moving prior to 6pm. The joys of shooting traditional archery. I would have been done last night if I hunted with a compound.

After running cams from mid July on he main property I hunt. I finally got my first bucks on cam yesterday morning from 12:15 am to 6 am had 5 bucks come through. Took them long enough to show up.

I had my number one buck at 45 yards last night. He was moving prior to 6pm. The joys of shooting traditional archery. I would have been done last night if I hunted with a compound.

I've had a similar thought when I have a deer at 50 yards while using a compound, only I then I think if only it was shotgun or ML season and I had one in my hands.

I haven't been out, but haven't seen much on my cameras since before they stripped velvet off. Did see a small buck heading for a corn field on the way to work yesterday.

Last edited:
The 2.5 to 3.5 year old deer might start moving this soon. The true monarchs will hold out till they know the time is right. Fools(young deer) rush in. The old timer will wait till the time is right.

Majority of my shooters on cameras are moving between 5:30-8:00 AM. Very few in the evenings now.

A guy posted a pic of a buck breeding a doe in a different state on like the 9th or 10th. Had a whole series of it on his trail cam. Looked like a pretty big doe.

A guy posted a pic of a buck breeding a doe in a different state on like the 9th or 10th. Had a whole series of it on his trail cam. Looked like a pretty big doe.

Heading out Friday morning to see if we can fill my cousins tag. I filled mine last Saturday. Now to fill my doe tag.

Top Bottom