Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

buck pics

CamoMan

Great pictures ! ! I noticed in the first one that the big guy is starting to lose his velvet. Also, I wanted to tell you that just over a week ago, I put up the trail camera that you assembled for me. When I went to check on it a few days ago, the camera counter was at zero. Turns out that I hadn't pulled the film leader out far enough to get it to load. Dang . . . I went out with my youngest son to check it last night, and saw that 7 pictures had been taken. I resisted the urge to pull the film out . . . maybe this weekend. I've also been thinking about trying one of those digital cameras next. Let me know how it works for you. Thanks for the great job!

Camoman,
That is to bad. Just to let you now, you are not the only one to do that with the film. I have done that once or twice myself. The above pics are from my digitals.
Vman

We just got back a a role of film and guess what... racoons. They climbed right up on the camera and actually moved it so that the next pic the only thing we could NOT see was the top of a deer's head. That's the third time this has happened , and they've actually turned it off before. Any idea why they're so fascinated, or how to keep them off without spooking deer?

Well just a few shots from my trail cam to get everybody ready.
morgans2.jpg

stand3.jpg

stand5.jpg

MadisonB&C - put a sign above the camera that says "Private Property - do not touch!". Sure they're animals . . . but they should be able to follow simple directions. The ones I see in the cartoons are real smart.

They did it again!! Raccoons turned the camera off and tore the water proof switch covers off. Then they continued and chewed the case up pretty badly. A couple more outings like that and they'll get inside of the case. We have cloth camo tape on it and the adhesive maybe an attractant. I am not sure what will happen to our deer photographing ability but I rubbed HOT pepper powder all over the case and plan on putting it back out tonight.

MADISONB&C's Pappy

I just developed the first roll of film from my trail cam this weekend, and was very pleased. I had some nice pictures of a little 6-point buck, plus a few doe pictures. I did have a raccoon show up in some photos, but the most he did was moon the camera in one of them. I also got some great turkey photos, as well as a cat and a couple squirrels. I moved it down to another trail tonight, as I think the turkeys hang in this area a lot, and might start using up a lot of film. Hoping to see a few more buck photos on the next roll. Hope none of the raccoons in my area develop a taste for trail cameras.

sounds like some of you guys need to get some 220s to wack those coons.I like to keep their numbers low to help out the ground nesting birds and so they dont tear up my corn I plant for the deer.Y ou should have local trappers that will work with you.

Hey guys don't feel bad about the coons. A friend in Virginia had a bear get ahold of his homebrew. He tore it from the tree and was pushing it all over the ground. There were several pictures of the bear as he was playing with the camera on the ground, then he proceeded to chew the crap out of it.

Top Bottom