Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck travel question

joebell

A non hunting friend of mine spotted a nice twelve point buck that he described as the biggest rack he'd ever seen. He saw the buck about 9 AM this morning traveling along a dredge ditch across a road and along a fence into the middle of the section where he bedded down in a grass waterway (he thinks). There are no big areas of timber within miles of where he saw the deer, just several of these deep and grassy(with a few trees) drainage ditches and fence lines. I have permission to hunt right where this buck crossed the road. My question is will this buck follow this pattern for a while or was he just roaming in that area. There is not a lot of deer sign in this area (but the really isn't alot of deer sign anywhere around this area). So what do ya think should i try to sit along this dredge ditch and hope he comes along again or is it a waste of time??
Thanks in advance for your help
JB

Joebell,

At this time of year bucks, especially big bucks are so unpredictable....... if he is vacating the general area, I would try to find an area that creates some sort of funnel to increase your chances of seeing him. If he is by himself, he will try to stay in some sort of cover...... if he is on the trail of a hot doe, he could show up anywhere......... GOODLUCK!!! I hope you get a crack at him........

Top Bottom