Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck vs Dog

legbone

Harvested this 170" back mid November. Thought the shot was a little far back so went home and came back a couple hours later with my 110# yellow lab and a buck knife in my hand. Dog found the deer - he was nose to nose with the buck standing up. Buck took a leap at the lab & had him pinned to the ground with his antlers and began to literally stomp the dog sh#t out of him. There I stood with a knife in my hand and no bow. I started yelling and throwing sticks at the buck. Dog finally got out from under the buck. I expected blood to be pouring out of the dog, but got lucky - only a scratch on his nose. Buck staggered, laid down and expired. It was a hunt I'll never forget!!!
07bow2.jpg

huntingB_057.jpg

I would have inserted knife in mouth, found the right tree to climb, and pounced like a 178lb tom... Landing on the hind quarters of the buck, freeing my best friend!! Then a fight to the death.....in my head i would be telling myself..."STRENGTH AND HONOR!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have inserted knife in mouth, found the right tree to climb, and pounced like a 178lb tom... Landing on the hind quarters of the buck, freeing my best friend!! Then a fight to the death.....in my head i would be telling myself..."STRENGTH AND HONOR!" </div></div>
You are my hero.

Great buck legbone!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have inserted knife in mouth, found the right tree to climb, and pounced like a 178lb tom... Landing on the hind quarters of the buck, freeing my best friend!! Then a fight to the death.....in my head i would be telling myself..."STRENGTH AND HONOR!" </div></div>

You must have some native american in you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aim-n-High</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have inserted knife in mouth, found the right tree to climb, and pounced like a 178lb tom... Landing on the hind quarters of the buck, freeing my best friend!! Then a fight to the death.....in my head i would be telling myself..."STRENGTH AND HONOR!" </div></div>

You must have some native american in you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div> He's full of something but I don't think it's Native American. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Does the dog look up at the mount and piss himself? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Had to be traumatic. Congrats on a helluva buck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great Buck/Mount.....where's the dog in the harvest photo? </div></div>

I agree. Great deer. Where's the pic of the dog though. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Top Bottom