Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buckland Joins NWTF

blake

Life Member
NEWS!

Buckland Joins NWTF

EDGEFIELD, S.C. - The National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) announced Monday that respected wildlife biologist Donnie Buckland has joined the Federation's conservation department as Director of Upland Programs.

"We are thrilled to welcome Donnie to the NWTF family," said George Thornton, NWTF CEO. "His valuable experience and leadership will be an asset to our conservation staff and will have an immediate impact on our wildlife and land management programs."

Buckland joins the NWTF after a long career as a biologist with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, senior field representative with the National Rifle Association, and most recently, as senior vice president of Quail Unlimited.

"The NWTF's many great accomplishments benefit not only turkeys, but many species of wildlife," said Buckland. "I see this as a great opportunity to join a team that has a passion for wild turkey management that matches mine for quail and the upland habitat that both species require. I am eager to help the NWTF continue to have a positive impact on quail, turkeys and other wildlife, and the Federation has proven they have the resources and hard-working people to benefit wildlife populations, habitat, and both the hunters and non-hunters who enjoy North America's natural resources."

Through dynamic partnerships with state, federal and provincial wildlife agencies, the NWTF and its members have helped restore wild turkey populations across the country, raised and spent more than $286 million, and conserved nearly 14 million acres of habitat for all types of wildlife.

"Prescribed fires are a land management practice vital to producing what we call 'early successional habitat,' which is the new vegetation produced long after the fires have cooled," said James Earl Kennamer, Ph.D., the NWTF's Chief Conservation Officer. "Donnie's experience and knowledge will build on our current burning and management practices for producing crucial upland habitat; habitat used by turkeys, quail and many other species of wildlife."

Top Bottom